1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Controversy averted: Chris Paul voted in over Jeremy Lin in 2013 All-Star Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Second_Cousin, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Well said.

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Without harden ball hogging the ball, Lin would be averaging 38! He did it once, he must be able to do it all the time. Lin was snubbed from the All Star games!

Don't get me wrong guys, I don't think Lin will be good offensively (shooting) this year. He needs to practice during the offseason. Meanwhile he can do what he normally does, steal, get some rebounds, and assist. He isn't worth his contract right now, but with some practice he can change that

3. ERC

ERC Member

Or when Lin can consistently knock down his perimeter shots. He has the work ethics and potential.

4. CCM721

CCM721 Member

CP3 plays this way every year.

5. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Damn, was hoping he would make the All-star team, just to see some heads explode.

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

That 38 points was the worse thing to happen to this forum.

1 person likes this.
  7. ERC

ERC Member

Disagree. Yes Lin's scoring might increase if he gets to handle the ball, but to say he does it once = he can do it consistently is ludicrous. Harden once scored 45p, Douglas once made 9 3's in a single game, and OKC's Ibaka once was 11-for-11 in last year's play-offs. Does that reflect their average? Please! :rolleyes:

8. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

The only player I voted for that made it was Rondo. :cool:

Like I said last time, Im kinda glad Jeremy was not voted in for the unnecessary backlash he would've received from expected butthurt Chris Paul fans :p.
    And this is no time for popularity games! He better use the all-star break to work on that shot. Got lots more important things to focus on.

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

NO and Clippers had perfect Decembers prior to this year too? News to me...sorry didn't know.

10. CCM721

CCM721 Member

So you are saying if the Clippers had lost a few games in December Lin would have received his undeserved All-Star bid?

11. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

hahahha...i remember reading somewhere he makes his 3pt shots in practice all the time, but come game time he doesn't believe in himself. It would be hilarious if he did it and won. Imagine the response on this forum. lol

12. gate470

gate470 Rookie

I care what she says. Goooooo Rockets!

13. ERC

ERC Member

LOL! Yeah, for the forum maybe, but good for the team though. Prior to December, the Lin/Harden combo had like the 6th lowest +/- combo on the team (-38 or something in that range). Lin's 38p showcased what he could do with the ball in his hands and I think it changed the coaches' strategy a little. Lin/Harden now has the 6th highest 2-player +/- combo, or essentially the highest if you exclude Delfino.

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Do you know what sarcasm is? Or a joke?

15. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He was talking about his individual performance, not the team performance......

16. muas2010

muas2010 Member

No. Just that he would have had a better chance of losing this popularity contest. Hey..it is a popularity contest...so what makes anyone not deserving if he get the most votes. Dude my high school prom queen was fugly.... :grin:

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

I think my definition of the word controversy is fundamentally different from everybody else's. It was a controversy when Jamal Macgloire made the All Star Games. It would be a controversy if Lin made it as well. But then there are controversy's like what Lance did & what Teo did that have far reaching implications. To synonymize the two seems odd (and that is putting it nicely).

Like is Lin making the All Star Games more controversial than LBJ's decision or even Dwightmare? Like those two guys made decisions & handled situations poorly. Lin didn't ask for his popularity. Like this tickles me. People mock the LOF for overrating Lin & yet the others seem to be doing the same thing.

Well you responded so obviously you care...

I have no issue with people feeling that he should earn it with his play. But the backing of the chinese nation why the assumption that everybody that voted for him was from China? If that was the case he would have gotten Yao level of votes.

18. gate470

gate470 Rookie

I see this all the time on here. It's extremely ignorant and shows just how stupid some people are. It baffles me.

19. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Sorry I am not a fan of Kyrie...your stat must equate to your team's record to a degree.

20. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

If Lin had a money ball for every shot, would he win the 3-pt contest?