1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Controversy averted: Chris Paul voted in over Jeremy Lin in 2013 All-Star Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Second_Cousin, Jan 17, 2013.

1. ERC

ERC Member

LOH's.

2. adamzee

adamzee Member

for someone who disliked lin from the start, it would be. cmon roxxy, put yourself in his shoes!

3. ERC

ERC Member

Put the ball back in his hands and we'll talk.

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

lol adamzee has no idea probably.

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This is welcomed news. Lol @ the LOFs in this thread.

1 person likes this.
  6. CCM721

CCM721 Member

What was the result of the game he scored 38 points in though?

7. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thou doest not properly worship at the altar of Lin.;)

I lived in Warriors territory for a while and came to like Lin when the Warriors brought him on board because he was another underdog story. I remember a report in the Bay Area in which Lin said it did kinda make him uncomfortable to have all these Asians at games chanting for him to get PT when he hadn't earned it yet. He didn't want to be anyone's national icon; he just wanted a place in the NBA. I've always had mad respect for his perspective on the matter.

He breaks the mold and the stereo types. But, geeze, Lin fans. Let's root for his continued development and progress. It shouldn't take having the backing of the Chinese nation for him to make the All Star game. Let him earn it with his play.

2 people like this.
  8. just a word

just a word Member

...I don't understand why people don't just root for the Rockets to do well. Lin is a Rocket, so root for him; I'm pretty sure his team and his coaches are rooting for him too, based on past interviews and just watching them.

Take everything with a grain of salt and think the best of people; even reading Clutch's words, I can see him wanting Lin to succeed. Especially because Lin isn't THERE yet; but he could be. And people are just disappointed he's not reaching their lofty expectations yet.

But Lin himself is disappointed as well; and I don't doubt that he's gonna work and fix his flaws.

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

The delusion on display in this thread is more than some bargained for.

1 person likes this.
  10. ERC

ERC Member

Against the Spurs? I said he single-handedly kept it close and precented us feom getting routed at home. Your thought?

I get broadcasting from both teams via my DirecTV League Pass. Sean Elliot (who is as pro-Spurs as a commentator can be), praised Lin over and over again. Coach "Happy-is-not-a-word" Popovich was all praise with Lin too. Why are his fans the opposite?

Not saying the kid's game is polished (far from it), but you can't expect him to put up Harden-ish #s while at the same time saying Harden should handle the balls more. Something has to give.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Holy ****! Crazy Lin fans taking it to numero uno...

Loads of butthurt everywhere
    <br>
    And not a valid point was seen that day

1 person likes this.
  12. ERC

ERC Member

Ugh... Pretend you didn't see all those typos. Where's auto-correct when you need it?

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    As if your opinion has such high value that anyone actually cared :confused:

2 people like this.
  14. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

So did harden make it or Lin atleast as reserves?

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

But but but 38 points

16. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

They need new stories to tell. Just like with the T'eo situation, that took over the Lance situatiion in the news. A linsanity controversy would take over for a while, and then a new story comes up and it goes on and on. No one will want to read the same story about one person/controversy for a long period of time. They need new stories to keep the readers interested

17. ERC

ERC Member

I'd think Harden would get voted in by the coaches. At least I hope so.

18. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

When this team gets a stud PF, amazingly (for LOH) and not so amazingly (for LOF), Lin will make the All-Star team.

19. VanityHalfBlack

Why no sarcasm no work???

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

The first...coach rode him and he won. The second...coach let him sit too long and the loss. In or not you have to respect the number of votes he got. If the Clippers weren't playing of the chart...Lin would have been voted it. No doubt CP3 deserves the nod.