1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Controversy averted: Chris Paul voted in over Jeremy Lin in 2013 All-Star Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Second_Cousin, Jan 17, 2013.

1. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

lol kg as starter, to bad varejao is injured. Dude was balling.

2. adamzee

adamzee Member

everything i said is factual, and isn't news.

3. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

I just noticed that Parsons got 144k votes, and Asik got 240k.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

With great hype comes great responsibility.

1 person likes this.
  5. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

6. ERC

ERC Member

Like Lin but agree it's probably better he's not in this year's game. Lin himself doesn't seem to care anyway. Kid just wants to play better and help the team win.

But, please tell me you're kidding if you think it will overshadow an athlete who lied about doping or another who lied about the death of an imaginary girl-friend!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The reserves haven't yet been selected. The coaches now select the reserves.

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Before it was "It is only a popularity contest! Vote Lin! Who cares if he doesn't want to play in it, the fans decide!"
    Now it is "All good, Lin didn't want to make it anyways, what a modest role model!"

9. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I'm just gonna sit and laugh at KG and Rondo making it.

10. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Jonathan Feigen, who as a reporter watches and interviews Lin day in day out, knows Lin pretty well and if he says he can speak for him, I guess that's pretty much Lin's attitude about this ASG voting.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Jeremy Lin was 45,000 votes behind CP3 for a starting Western Conference All Star guard spot. I think I speak for him when I say, "whew."</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/292062858387271680" data-datetime="2013-01-18T00:16:26+00:00">January 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The last thing he would need is a TNT hour and All Star weekend about how he did not deserve starting spot. Coaches ought to vote in Harden.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/292063125115633664" data-datetime="2013-01-18T00:17:29+00:00">January 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

I'm just gonna sit and laugh at KG and Carmelo on the court next to each other. ;)

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yes: the same way Linsanity got so much press. It will not dominate EVERY headline, but he will share much of it at least. Clutch is right.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You're saying these things as if they discredit my words? I didn't want Jeremy Lin at the money he got, compared to the $$ that Dragic received and Lowry already had under contract. Once the Rockets fell short on Howard, I was OK with it, assuming the Rockets were on a rebuilding plan. At a three-year deal, it's worth seeing what he can become. He was not my top choice, no.

Yes, I do compare his role and style here to Rafer's, and I've explained why. You're using that negatively for reasons you shouldn't.

I like Lin and want him to do well. You shouldn't take a harmless and obvious statement like 'Jeremy Lin should not be starting the All-Star Game' so poorly. All the things you're supposedly fighting ("Lin's a gimmick, marketing tool, overhyped, etc.") would have been reinforced if he started over Chris Paul. His numbers don't match up yet, but if he continues to progress, he'll get there.

14. adamzee

adamzee Member

plenty have been on the wrong side in evaluating lin. you are no different. and everything i stated is true. you were never high on lin to begin with, which you again just confirmed.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

... and?

16. adamzee

adamzee Member

and there's nothing wrong about reminding everyone where you stand.

17. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Rondo is still arguable because of PG situations in the east. But KG.... that's just a big WTF.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

Were you serious (or just joking) in saying that Lin making the All Star games would be more of a controversy than some guy who made up a fake girl friend & said he died and another guy who doped & lied to millions of people for how many years?

19. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Has Lin really done anything that should change that way of thinking?

20. SK34

SK34 Member

Lol @ you... he is a basketball player and is due to criticism just like every other player... We as FANS OF THE HOUSTON ROCKETS and not a single player have the right to criticize him for his poor play and have rights to make claims that his play does not deserve to be in the All star game, if you think otherwise, you are delusional.

And everytime some one says anything to criticize Lin, we get termed as LOHs and what not when its part of the game to criticize players.

I don't see people complaining when PPat, Morris, Douglas and others get criticized but as soon as someone mentions something about Lins game, the thread turns into a 15 page thread just with arguing about it... (this includes me at times)