1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Contract the Wolves

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by North Star, May 3, 2003.

1. North Star

North Star Contributing Member

I'm going to become a Sixers fan now. I'm a huge A.I. fan anyway. I have his jersey and not K.G.'s. I'm just sick and tired of watching the Wolves choke in the postseason. Do me and every other Wolves fan a favor and contract the Wolves. Just contract the Wolves.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

or maybe make a smarter decision and move them to the East. I can name 3 or 4 teams (that are always lottery bound) that should be contracted besides a team that has gone to the playoffs 7 straight years.

3. North Star

Putting them in the East is not really really going to help too much. One of these days, the East will dominate and the West won't. If this were the 90's, we would not be having this conversation.

4. steddinotayto

1. I am damn sure they would get out of the 1st round in the east. What PF in the east would be able to contain Garnett? Only Ben Wallace comes to mind. And if Hudson played his ass off like he did this year, who can stop them?

2. one of these days...yea but seeing how the current teams/rosters are, the east isn't going to dominate jack unless Lebron James goes to the cavs and pull a Jordan on us

3. it's not the 90s and what was the point of this sentence? it's irrevelant to make a note about a decade where the east had arguably the BEST player in the history of the NBA. the west wasn't bad either with the likes of Drexler, Dream, Robinson, Stockton and Malone, Barkley, Kemp (leaner days) and Payton. but when you go up against the GOAT, you'll come up short.

all in all, contracting minnesota is ridiculous. why should they contract when they make the playoffs 7 straight years? sure they've gone out in the 1st round but what about the teams that are always lotterybound? the clips, the grizz, the nuggets, etc etc? it's hard to imagine that you're a fan of the wolves.

5. North Star

I like the Wolves in the West. They have a great rivalry going with Dallas, Houston, and S. A.

6. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Contradicting yourself?

7. North Star

I live a few hours away from Dallas, Houston, and S.A. I try to go to as many games as I can when the Wolves are visiting.

#7 North Star, May 3, 2003
    Last edited: May 3, 2003
  8. steddinotayto

you must be rich. the thought of driving from city to city and buying tickets just to see a team you think should contract means you have a lot of money to waste.

9. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Or that he loves the Wolves and is just upset they got knocked out in the first round, something we can't relate to here.

10. steddinotayto

i thought about that too but wanting to contract a team just because they've gotten knocked out of the playoffs for the last 7 years is a bit much. if that was the case, then we should just blow up the compaq center, the new arena, and ship Yao back to China and Steve back to memphis.

11. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

LOL!

Ya know, I think I've seen that suggested here somewhere....

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]
    "But, I'm so slow... If you contract our team, it will take me...
    years... to move to another... team... ...
    Must... move... feet."

13. North Star

It's sad that the Wild, in only their 3rd season of existence, make it to the postseason for the 1st time ever and get past the 1st round. Looks like they won't get past the 2nd round though. Minnesota will never be a basketball state and will always be a hockey state . The Wolves only sold out 1 game in the post season. They sold out only 1 game this past regular season. The Wild have yet to not sell out a game.

14. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Okay, contract the Wolves.

Houston had dibs on Kevin Garnett.