1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CONSPIRACY THEORY: David Stern didn't want the Rockets to make the playoffs because..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman03, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

Conspiricy theory??: david stern didnt want the rockets making the playoffs because of our weak fanbase and lack of market for our team as opposed to basically anyone else. All because we don't have a superstar. I watched every game this season and we lost several of those close game due to horrible, phantom calls. I mean, ive been wacthing NBA for 15 years now, and have never witnessed such horrible officiating like this years. I cant say that for the rest of the teams cuz i didnt watch the games, but the bad officiating was almost blatant in every single game. The"superstar"(benefit of the doubt) call. Screwed us every game....anyways, im still recovering from this hearbreak. What do y'all think?

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Oh really

I thought it was because Scola and Patpat were doing their Thang in the third and fourth quarter while the other team does layup drills.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

CONSPIRACY**

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Maybe maybe no.

I will take off my homer glasses to say this. I would not want to watch any first round series featuring the Rockets, Pacers, and a couple of other teams. The Rockets would be first on my list.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

We didn't play. Period.

Also Houston has a huge martket. We just don't show up because the teams have sucked. Also we have China. Don't give me that weak fanbase crap. If that's the case the Spurs would be doomed.

6. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

I blame the coach for that

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

We sucked. Sure, the refs screw us over every chance they get but that's always been the case.

So, seeing as nothing else from other recent years has changed, well, only thing that's left is the answer. We choked.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

David Stern didn't prevent the Rockets from beating OKC and LAL on the road. There is no conspiracy, the team simply did not play well enough in the losing streak.

9. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think he's referring to not acquiring Gasol, not just the last few games....IF there was a conspiracy, it wasn't against Houston, but simply pro-Lakers. I'm guessing Stern wouldn't like to see Gasol leave LA. They're already a strong market/team...forces CP elsewhere, spreading the wealth.

11. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

I agree with the fact that Houston is a HUGE market, and yes for a winning team only, which Houston was doing majority of the time this season (yet still weak attendance), however, Houston is a FOOTBALL city. Not to mention the other professional sports teams, that create even more competition within the Houston professional sports market. In essence, the fan market for a team like Houston (one that doesn't have a superstar that brings in the $$) is very weak, that's the reality. The solution is a superstar.

And China...sure we have a huge market in China, but how does that benefit the Rockets directly in the US market..it doesn't. The influence Rockets basketball has in china is great, its globalizing the sport, which also means there are probably more Rockets fans in China than an other team. But that does not affect or benefit the Rockets in the US or in the eyes of david stern and the NBA. It would only help if the Rockets can increase their fan base in the US, starting with people in Houston. The solution as you already know is a superstar.

12. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

ITS BECAUSE WE SUCK

13. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

ITS BECAUSE WE'RE MEDIOCRE

14. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

[​IMG]

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

True. To be fair, the Rockets have been screwed out of at least a couple games this season. It doesn't mean much bc we would have been tossed out of the first round. Everyone is pissy but Im good with hopefully the 13th pick.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Such as Los Angeles.

17. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I don't much understand why everyone is so surprised this team didn't make the playoffs. Before the season started we knew it was going to be a rough rough year. No offseason with a new coach and little talent. Making the playoffs would have been an over achievement.

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

What if David Stern is an ALIEN...
    [​IMG]
    And he is against the space program, so he and the other owners take it out on the Houston pro franchises?!

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I think Houston probably has a better fan base then say Utah. You have some good points but I highly, highly doubt it

20. AFS

AFS Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.