1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conspiracy theories...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by haven, May 24, 2005.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

One of the most obvious possible theories at the time was that Mossad was involved, as Ben-Gurion clearly had the motive, and the capability via the Mossad and Meyer Lansky. However, this theory was not at all explored in Stone's movie. Instead, other less probable ones were and as you posted, the end portrayal of these theories made the whole movie (and the thought that it was anyone other than Oswald acting alone) look like a big joke.

Obviously none of can say with any certainty at all about who did it or was behind it, but I'm just saying that the fact that a key Mossad operative just happened to bankroll this movie looks kind of fishy on the surface at least.

2. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

In other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you have any doubts about whether or not JFK was the victim of a shocking conspiracy,watch "The Men Who Killed Kennedy"...It's a great series that was on The History Channel.They've released it to DVD.

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

Max,

Have you seen the special on Discovery Channel about the magic bullet theory? you gotta see that

anyway ..i used to believe heavily in the JVG conspiracy .....but after reading and watching just about everything ever put out on it ....im more apt to believe that Oswald COULD have acted alone and done what the Warren Report said he did

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Not a big believer in conspiracy theories, but I have always thought that there was more to the JFK assassination than just Lee Harvey Oswald "acting alone". Jack Ruby killing him like he did plus his dubious background (Ruby's) just made the whole thing fishy to me.

6. haven

haven Member

Started the thread because I just re-read Foucault's Pendulum. Helluva fun book. By Umberto Ecco, but more accessible than his other books.

Essentially, a 3 bored overly-intellectual publishers "stumble" across a conspiracy in a submission by a lunatic to their publishing firm. They play with the idea, expanding it across all of history...only for strange things to begin happening that seem to confirm the conspiracy.

As I said, I don't really believe in any individual conspiracies that haven't been verified objectively, but some are more persuasive than others - particularly the Kennedy assassination.

When I'm really pissed at the NBA officials, I'm inclined to believe in one against the Rockets :D.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think most of us did ~ some still do...

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

a lot of people are masons, the thing is is that there are something like 45 levels of masonry. many world leaders are very high-ranking masons i believe. the conspiracy stuff only typically applies to the higher-ups.

9. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

So NBA refs not only have conspired to call moving picks on Yao but also were involved in the Kennedy assasination.. Just how far down does the rabbit hole go?

:eek:

10. Sishir Chang

The Truth is out there but its such a pain these days to go out what with traffic, the price of gas and all.

11. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Yeah, but my dad's been there. He's been in some seriously high ranking offices. So this is why I say that if there were any truth to any kind of Illuminati crap, my family's life would be severely different than it is.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

13. haven

haven Member

So a father is lying to his son. The Illuminati wield more influence than most of us could ever imagine

:eek:

14. Sishir Chang

The Masons aren't the same as the Illuminati. The Illuminati have much better party snacks at their functions.

15. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I'm a girl. Check out my posts.