1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CONSPIRACY THEORIES: What is one conspiracy theory you believe?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

I love it. This is totally ****ing awesome.

Rocket River likes this.
  2. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

A Stanley Kubrick production?

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

MK Ultra. A hell of a drug.

Something that unequivocally happened.

Many people think of the CIA as innocent and here for the protection of the people. It's not. It's there to further government control. But it's soooo fascinating.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I dated a girl in college who's father was retired Dallas PD and he flat out wouldn't talk about it. I was doing a research paper on the assassination and he totally shut me down when I started asking about it. Thought he was joking around at first, but no...he wasn't joking around.

MadMax likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]
    ;)

6. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

US Govt. covered up that Marines in the first Gulf War were hit with a chemical weapon. Their APC ran over a mine containing a blistering agent during the initial ground invasion. We told Iraq if chemical or biological weapons were used against US troops or our allies we would respond with nuclear weapons.

7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Love this dude's channel. He covers conspiracy theories and other interesting topics without delving off into QAnon bullshit.

KingCheetah and B-Bob like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

9. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

My favorite conspiracy theory. I'm still trying to figure out how Kubrick managed to shoot and process this without any film grain or scratches - something that no-one else could do successfully until the digital film revolution of the late 1990's.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Anybody mention the Yellow Cube and Project Looking Glass, yet?

I've already said too much...

How do you think the Simpsons predict the future?

JoeBarelyCares and BamBam like this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Shroud of Turin is a photograph created by camera obscura -- the image was made not as a hoax, but a work of art by Leonardo da Vinci who's image appears on the shroud.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Navy previously acknowledged the veracity of the videos in September of last year. They are officially releasing them now, "in order to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real, or whether or not there is more to the videos," according to Pentagon spokesperson Sue Gough.

"After a thorough review, the department has determined that the authorized release of these unclassified videos does not reveal any sensitive capabilities or systems," said Gough in a statement, "and does not impinge on any subsequent investigations of military air space incursions by unidentified aerial phenomena."

The Navy now has formal guidelines for how its pilots can report when they believe they have seen possible UFO's.

https://news.google.com/articles/CA...ocv1CjCSptoCMJrUpgU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

FrontRunner likes this.
  13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i recently finished reading a texas history book called 'big wonderful thing' that came out last year. highly recommend for anyone who is interested in a single comprehensive book on texas history. the thing is massive!

one of sam houstons aides claimed that at the outbreak of the civil war lincoln sent a letter to houston when he was governor saying that he would make him a major general in the u.s. army and send him 50,000 federal troops. houston was very much against secession and actually got impeached when he refused to take an oath of loyalty to the confederacy.

there were four people in the room and all but one told him to reject the offer. houston reportedly said "gentlemen, i will listen to your advice, but if i was 10 years younger i would not". he then burned the letter in his fireplace.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

I'm about halfway through it, I stop and read another book every once in a while.

One i'm working on now is "Blood and Thunder" by Hampton Sides...the story of Kit Carson. It's good stuff. One before was "Under the Banner of Heaven". Mormons are really ****ed up.

jo mama likes this.
  15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I fully believe in aliens.

Anyways, if you guys are interested in these types of things, I fully recommend Monsters Among Us podcast.

It's just a host taking calls of people calling in their ghosts, big foot, alien, cryptid, etc. experiences. Great, great podcast. My favorite.

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

So this one is making the rounds and I believe it.

Liberals came up with COVID19 to end mass shootings.

17. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

We are all living in a Simworld....some kid built the world and let us loose..

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Those crazy, Chinese liberals. You just can't trust them.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Unidentified agents grabbing people off the street.

Rocket River

B-Bob likes this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tilman is broke