1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Conspiracy] Did David Stern have anything to do with Morey's frustrating night?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragonz, Jun 29, 2012.

1. dragonz

dragonz Member

*Conspiracy Theory Warning*

Here goes the story, Houston Rockets and his GM Daryl Morey is desperately trying to make a run for Dwight Howard from Orlando. They have collected enough assets (3 picks, tons of tradable players), all they need is a top 10 pick to make the deal work. And a lot of teams in top 10 had opened up possibilities of trading their draft picks if they don't get the ones they like.

With all the things are seemingly working out for Rockets' DHoward rental plan, comes out of nowhere, Cleveland Cavs drafted Dion Waiters for the #4 pick, who was prospect as a 20ish pick in May. Although Waiters has undeniable talent and could end up as a good pick for Cavs, but with no interviews, no physicals, and a last minute decision, Cavs has taking an unbelievable amount of risk. And with Dion Waiters goes to Cleveland, Sacramento, a likely trade candidate for Houston, got what they wanted (in Thomas Robinson), and so did other teams in top 10.

Therefore DMorey had no choice but to pick up 3 more rookies to an already rookie heavy team.

SO
    [​IMG]

Here we have David Stern, who LOVES big market teams, and has shown his willingness to go as far as it takes to give bad teams a sell point:
    • Durant to OKC
    • CP3 to LAC
    • Irving to Cleveland
    • Anthony Davids to NOH

[​IMG]

and here we have Dan Gilbert, a loan shark, a con man, and a good buddy of David Stern, who owes Stern a favor after got Kyle Irving as a consolation prize for LBJ's leave.

And Because Stern would be the last guy on earth want to see DHoward gets trade to Houston instead of Brooklyn (a bigger market + newly moved/ownership exchanged), so he cooked up this master plan to mess up the draft so DMorey won't have a chance to land Howard.

And the best guy to do this with? the same guy who wrote a email to the commissioner right before the league block that Rockets-Lakers-Hornets deal.

EVILS ARE OUT THERE, MY FRIENDS

1 person likes this.
  2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Umm... no.

All of the top 10 picks made perfect sense, for those teams.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think it's time for sleep now.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

5. skattles08

skattles08 Member

Pretty sure the odds are better that instead of being a part of a lengthy evil master plan the Cavs are just bumbling idiots.

6. bloop

bloop Member

cant we have BOTH??

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Frustrating night? We got 3 very good players added to the mix of the team.

Im very happy with where we sit right now with the roster and I can't wait to see what we do in free agency and on the trade market.

Lowry/Livingston
    Martin/Lee/Lamb
    Parsons/Jones/Morris
    Scola/White/Patterson
    Camby/Motiejunas/Leurer

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

No no no...not at all, I would've thrown the conspiracy spirit card on the table as a naive 16 year old girl. After these years have past by, NO Way. The reality is ... the BAD NBA teams simply operate in a very inept manner.

Charlotte, Cleveland, New Orleans, Milwaukee, and Washington are just poorly ran franchises.

9. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Didn't read but i think your saying stern cblocked Morey from scoring.

10. crab snappa

crab snappa Member

This is moronic.

11. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Dragonz
    Are you daryl Morey? 2007 join date awfully suspicious...

12. albuster

albuster Member

Obama must be the culprit. Plllleeeeaaase stop making excuses for the failures of Morey! He has to man up at some point and this is it.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That roster needs some shuffling .... Its more like:

PG Lowry / Fortson
    SG Martin/ Lee ?? / Lamb / Livingston
    SF Parsons / ???
    PF Scola / Motejunas / Patterson / Morris / White / Jones / Leurer / Furkan Aldemir
    C ??? / ???

I started to give Morris the benifit of the doubt and plug his name in at SF .... but he's no SF or PF , he's a tweener.

McHale: I want some 6'10" guy's.
    Morey: best I could get was a 6'9" kid and two 6"7" kids. Sorry , better luck in the lottery next year.

14. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

I have already stated my opinion on this

If the Bobcats wind up with a Top 3 selection next year, my theory will have all been concluded

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Okc is small, but durant was a Seattle pick.

16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Stay away from bath salts