1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Console Wars Thread! PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Fight!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Dang, some pretty angry Xbox fanboys in here.

I have no dog in this fight, but it's clear that PS4 is fully ahead of Xbone.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Ah yes, the greatness that is remote play. I was at a restaurant the other day and I had my Vita with me, the guy taking my order mentioned that he "hadn't seen one of those in a long time". I told him I hadn't planned on getting one until I got my PS4, then I explained to him about remote play. I also mentioned that you can play away from home if you have a good upstream connection at home, and a good downstream wifi connection where you're at.

He was blown away that you could even play your PS4 with it and that it was the same games. He later explained that he had a Xbox One, and we both talked about Titanfall for a bit. He seemed a little jealous about the remote play thing though. :)

#1762 seclusion, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  3. platypus

platypus Member

Quite angry aren't you? You might think a 100 bucks is nothing but for a smart consumer like me a 100 bucks is a couple of games that I can buy for both my ps3 and my ps4.

And guess what for some people buying sony just comes down to nostalgia and trying to avoid microsoft and their BS. My 360 RROD 4 times and after the 4th time i vowed to never buy a microsoft game system. I couldn't care less if Halo 8 came out tomorrow with virtual reality and a real cortana that sat beside you while you played, I would not buy microsoft because the way they treated me with my Xbox 360.

But yeah you like the xbox we get it good for you. Stop acting like a petulant child it's just a ****ing game system.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I paid $30. Toys r u s had it on sale and best buy matches.

I get plenty of monsters on screen.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

When I was reading this sentence, I was really hoping it would turn into...

"I couldnt care less if Halo 8 came out tomorrow with virtual reality and a real cortana that kneeled down in front of you and gave you a BJ while you played..."

But then I'd guess if that was the case, you might actually pull the trigger on the system.

6. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Neither console is impressive graphically. PC gamers will forever be hindered by the lowest denominator.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm a PC gamer (I have an upper mid-tier machine), and I think Infamous is very impressive graphically (I can run Titanfall maxed out [Maxed out by Titanfall Standards] in 1080p despite how horribly optimized it is). I think you haven't played this game before.

8. Christopher

Christopher Member

Really enjoying my Xbox One. If PS4 comes out with something I decide I really want to play, I'll buy one of them.

The system updates MS is coming out with are nice. You get the feeling that they really are doing everything they can to improve the Xbox. In that sense the battle they have ahead of them seems likes it's going to be a really good thing for XBone owners.

I will say this....my Kinnect still has a couple of DVDs sitting infront of the camera. The microphone is handy but the only time is use the camera is when it would login.

Anyway I've been playing a lot of Titanfall and it's a lot of fun. I'm ready for a new game now though. ESO. That's what I'm waiting for!

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I like my xbone but my Kinect stole my credit card info.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Unless you're unplugging it, it still has an array of 4 microphones on whenever your Xbox is on. The microphones are powered even if your Xbox is off as well if you have it set to wake on voice. You can mute them I presume, but what's the point if you're using it?

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

LOL^^^ I'm not even mad..... Why would I be mad? Why in the world would I be mad that PS4 is outselling Xbox One? Xbox One is clearly a better value because it can do more than a PS4 so that's what I want in my living room. I'm sure PS4 is a great system for some people who like simplicity and refuse change in their lives. On top of that dem graphics. The PS4 is selling well and that's awesome. Mac also sells well and its not for everyone. Kia also sells pretty well as an automobile company but that does not mean that its for everyone. I only had to return my Xbox once and they gave me no problems. Seem more like you are mad just because I don't see things the way you do and my experience with Microsoft has been great.

Also, if by BS you also mean the Kinect let me say this....... Because some people just don't simply seem to get it.....

THE KINECT is not for everyone gaming wise. Its not for your fat @$$ expecting it to read every single body movement with the precision of a futuristic sci-fi movie. If you are an adult complaining that Kinect has latency and cant read your movements right please stfu. Ask any kids under 15 if they have problems with Kinect. My little cousins will play with that Kinect for hours and not complain once while having a blast. For $100 to have that type of technology that is also a big part of the Xbox's interface and its ability to turn your living room into a voice activated entertainment center is unheard of. A lot of people cry about the $100 extra because of the Kinect but fail to realize that Microsoft is selling them a more complete product with it that was designed with the Kinect in mind.

Halo itself is bigger than Playstation..... Maybe you don't care for it but that wont change the truth. I'm not mad buddy. I'm excited for the future of Xbox One. :) The rest I could care less about. Enjoy your Ps4

12. platypus

platypus Member

You say you aren't mad?

Also I said nothing about the kinect in my post, seems like you have trouble reading man.

13. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Right, you're not mad.

But the PS4 is for people who "refuse change in their lives," and people who don't give a crap about Kinect are "fat@$$."

Also "Halo is bigger than Playstation." Right... except for the part where the PS2 is the most successful console ever. It's not close, either. It's the kind of thing blind people can see.

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yup... Not Mad... Excited thou :D

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-eOO7rKpu5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

That's right.. Not mad....

And its true thou.... PS4 people are those who love to button mash and like to have the same experience over and over again with no updates or interactivity. And yes I do believe that most people who complain about the Kinect are either fat@$$es or grown adults who have no business bashing a $100 piece of equipment because it didn't copy every single move they made even thou the tech behind it is way ahead of its time and anything better could potentially cost anywhere from $1,000 to $20,000.....

PS2 is the most successful console ever. Until Halo came along. Look, we both know Halo is the reason Xbox is still around we both know Halo changed the game when it came to console online multiplayer. Halo and Xbox brought console online multiplayer along and until now it still has the best online multiplayer experience. Ps3 and Ps4 cant touch Xbox Live when it comes to the overall experience.

Halo is bigger than Playstation bro. You will see when Halo 5 is released how the console war is going to start taking a slightly different turn....... Microsoft is not knocked out lol. Microsoft is just getting ready for the fight.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

From everything I can tell destiny will be bigger then halo 5.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Wow, Salvy having a total meltdown.

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Could be.... I trust in Bungie to deliver a quality product but its going to be out for all 4 consoles.... PS4, One, PS3 and 360... If Destiny was a PS4 exclusive I would highly be considering a PS4 but its not. Its going to be hard to dethrone Halo in the sci-fi genre, what Bungie did was something for the ages. Not sure if luck or just simply badasses.

20. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Do tell!

Baseless insults to everyone who bought a PS4: you're right, conclusive proof that you're not mad.

And yes, disliking Kinect still means you're a fat moron. But no anger. I'm beginning to see it.

Really? There's now a home console more successful than PS2 was? Do tell me which one! My soul shall reside in darkness until you illuminate it with the light of your knowledge.

Feel free to give me specifics on what makes it better. No one ever seems to be able to give a real reason besides cross-game chat, which I never cared about in the first place, and PS4 has now anyway.

You think Halo is the single "reason Xbox is still around?" Are you hearing yourself? The other hundreds of hit games on the 360 didn't have anything to do with that?

Never said they were knocked out. They're doing fine. They've moved a lot of systems, and they'll easily overtake the WiiU if they haven't already. But they're certainly behind the PS4. That doesn't mean they're doing badly, it just means what it means.