1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Console Wars Thread! PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Fight!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What Microsoft BS would that be? Kinect? Hmmm...if you had actually used it on the XB1, you would know why it is included. And based on sales of the PS4 camera, may Sony should have done more with the Eye.

Otherwise....what BS would that be?

The PS4 is selling on more E3 fallout than anything. Yes, it is more powerful...Significant? Dunno know about that. Talk to me would MS release DX 12 for the Xbox One. Better first party games? Where? Killzone...sucked. Infamous is ok...but has no replay value. Otherwise, no first party game have really been released. You are reaching....

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Marathon...vs Sprint. I see NO reason to buy a PS4. It doesn't have the multimedia capabilities. Games....>? What games? Most of the games are cross-platform....with slight better graphics.

3. platypus

platypus Member

Other than the fact that is costs 100 bucks less? And the Xbox 1 only has a shooter that it can call an exclusive. Gamers like me couldn't care a rats ass about a shooter, I buy systems for gaming experiences like the Last of Us and Uncharted.

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

As a PS4 owner I won't lie that I'm surprised that PS4 outsold Xbone in March. Especially with the Titanfall Bundle and retailers cutting the price.

Once Sony starts getting a steady stream of quality games this could be a return to domiance that sony hasn't seen since the PS2 days.

And to the poster above I strongly disagree that Infamous doesn't have replay value. With the ability to replay the game in a different way and experience new powers plus the Paper Trail stuff I'm still enjoying playing Infamous much longer then I expected.

Looking forward to MLB 14 next month. And really really hoping they drop Diablo 3 for the PS4 at the end of June. Would be perfect to have that to play during the summer after the NBA playoffs are done and the Rockets are crowned World Champions ;)

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

2 games that are not on the PS4 yet. They will release the updated TLOU for a money grab and Uncharted is MAYBE sometime late next year. Um...xbox has more than shooters coming out. But hey....enjoy your system.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got diablo 3 for $30 for xbox 360, same price for ps3.

Last gen rules

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

That's cool man. And I was thinking about the PS3 version, but I'm waiting because I know the PS4 version will look and run better plus its using the touchpad for easier management of the Inventory and skills system. And I believe all the current DLC will be included in the PS4 version. I'll gladly pay full price for that.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Lol you're so naive. Name me 3 games that utilize Kinect and are actually good. I'll be waiting.

I'm STILL playing Infamous and I beat it on hard. I drop single player games the second I finish them typically. You haven't played it, and you have no clue what you're talking about. Name me 2 first party games from Microsoft that are worth buying right now. This is really just a test to see if you know what first party means at this point. Every first party studio Microsoft has touched has become significantly worse. Look at the games Rare puts out compared to before MS owned them. Lionhead sucks now. Hell Bungie couldn't wait to buy back their independence. I read an article from one of Rare's founders (and they don't do interviews) detailing how badly they killed the culture there. Sony has a lot more first party studios. Naughty dog is at their pinnacle right now, I'd say the same for Sucker Punch.

It isn't significantly more powerful? Most Xbox One games are in 720p, and most PS4 games are in 1080p with a higher framerate. You do understand that it takes more power to produce the roughly 2 times more pixels you're seeing right? Does simple math trouble you that much?

Hahahahahahaha, did you seriously just use DX 12 as part of your argument? You're using a feature that won't be out for almost 2 years, and STILL will not close a performance gap (because there will still be a huge gap in hardware power, and it isn't going away)

Keep buying in to whatever PR spin they give you, I bet they love consumers like yourself. Anyone they can get to blindly believe whatever they say.

#1749 seclusion, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Same. I played Diablo 3 on PC again recently; it's a lot of fun since they patched it. I haven't bought the expansion yet or anything because I'm waiting to play on PS4. Couch co-op for the win.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

LOL yet Xbox One still does more with less power and has a better online system with Live than PSN.... I mean its not even close. The One's future is also clearly better because of Microsoft. You know, that big company that specializes in software. That same thing Playstation sucks on. When the xbox 360 launched it was nowhere near to the 360 we know today due to updates and software engineering. The Ps3 was also more powerful than the 360 and it still sucked with the exception of a couple of games released for it towards the end of its life. PS4 is on a lucky run because there are stupid people that self proclaim themselves "gamers"... PS4 is for the gamers right so I will get the The PS4... Plus I save myself a whole $100 dollars wow! I could do soo much with $100 dollars...... PS4 is for The Gamer yet has NO GAMES that even come close to being must play's. Halo 5 is coming out soon. When Halo 5 is released the PS4 luck run ends... The same way Halo put the original Xbox on the map and destroyed the PS3 it will ruin Sony once again... Sad.

12. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Let me revisit an earlier post before getting into any of these recent posts...
    Haha, I was kind of off, but not TOO bad...I guess (better than some here I guess haha).

XBO was at 311K, PS4 ~371K. TF did sell over a million. I should have stuck with my 2nd number I gave for Infamous (it was closer to 400K-450K, which is what I was "hoping"). DS2 was just under that I think? Pretty far off on MGS (~278K sold, 200K+ on PS4/XBO), guess I expected more from PS3 and 360 sales (it was $20, and looked pretty good). Vita at 10K.

Here are random numbers from a NeoGAF post:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108609747&postcount=4341

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You don't think Uncharted 4 will be out by the end of 2015? If it takes Naughty Dog longer than that to complete it, it better end up being the greatest game ever made(which it could wind up being, BTW).

As for current PS4 games that are exclusive, yeah, the pickins is slim. Other than Infamous: Second Son, are there any notable ones? I played through Knack, but that was a slightly above mediocre launch game. I still love the system though and based on Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition which was terrific, whenever Naughty Dog does complete Uncharted 4, that's gonna look incredible.

14. RC Cola

Ugh...never mind. Don't think I'll address their posts right now. I'd rather not repeat more of the same (just with goalposts moved). Maybe I'll refute things (point-by-point) later if I just have tons of free time.

We just had a month with a hyped, highly marketed game (together with great value deals from retailers), and sales actually went DOWN (per week) for the XBO. Quit trying to think any single game will suddenly help it sell tons of units (especially since that game has ALREADY helped sell the system). A single game can only do so much for any system (Halo didn't help the Xbox do great sales, and it certainly wasn't why the 360 did so well).

XBO will need to do a lot to keep this from turning into a slaughter (at least with global sales), but to start, they really just have to start with a price cut (possibly done by dropping Kinect). Price the XBO at the PS4's price or lower, and things *might* get better. Though I think at this point, they'll have to be cheaper actually. It is a marathon and not a sprint, but there's also a snowball effect in play here.

They do have the China initiative, which I guess can help too (untapped market), though I can't imagine Sony will be ignoring that market either (majority of PS sales come from outside the US).

Side-note: I'm thinking about getting Diablo for PS4 as well. Never played on PC due to always online and all that. But I really want to play it now. Would much prefer PS4 over PS3.

(And seriously...quit with the DX12 hype...it's embarrassing)

15. RC Cola

Looking at sales, I hope Kojima just goes full next-gen with TPP. PS3/360 sales make up a very small percentage of GZ sales, and it will be even smaller once TPP is released.

Given the breakdown of sales, I'd be dubious of XBO versions of TPP or any SE games (i.e., games that are very strong on PS systems). I guess they'll try to do what they can, but given how many XBO copies will actually be sold (relative to PS4 copies), I'm not sure it will be financially viable to put much effort into those versions. Some are thinking they might even cancel those versions, but that seems excessive. Even 5%-10% of what the PS4 version will sell will likely result in something profitable (although you might have 720POMG! and things like that).

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Haha, I'm not even going to bother trying to educate you, you clearly haven't read any of the other pages in this thread.

Please sir, teach me about Halo. What is Halo exactly? Who makes it? Is it an action RTS? Is Gandalf in that one?

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

your name Salvy should now be Salty

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Diablo 3 for last gen is pretty bad ass.
    I'm not pixel or frame rate counting like some people.
    it's also cheap now

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The PS3/360 version doesn't have the Reaper of Souls Expansion, and Blizzard hasn't announced that they have plans to release it at all. I could be wrong, but I don't believe it has the recent game updates either which are quite substantial.

20. RC Cola

PS4 sounds like it will be quite a bit better, especially since PS3 version seems to be going for ~$40. I'll pay the extra $20 for much better graphics, performance, new features, more monsters on screen, etc. Plus the expansion, patches, etc., and the ability to use remote play.