1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Console Wars Thread! PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Fight!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are wrong. Sony would bundle a PS3 with any TV above $1000 (lower sometimes). It was pushed also a part of a Home Theater system, along with a sound bar and/or surround sound system.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What am I wrong about exactly? I don't remember disagreeing they were bundled. I bought a Sony TV around that time for 2600 and didn't get jack though so what is your point?

3. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I would have done that deal for sure. It was smart of them to get more systems out there. People that might not have bought any system at all could get into gaming. I had a couple of friends whose parents bought packages like that and gifted the PS3s to the friends. Everyone wins. Any company in that position would have probably done the same. Microsoft did the same with computers for a while if I remember correctly. Smart also.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Finally looking to spoil myself with a new system. They've been ot a few months, what would you recommend?

I have a PS3... But am thinking about an Xbox one because of the kinect because I think my girlfriend will enjoy the sports game.

Main game I care about is the console version of elder scrolls online, which will be on both consoles.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Anyone who gives you a flat recommendation has an agenda.
    Both consoles are very good.

If space is a concern: get the PS4
    If the most powerful console is a concern: get the PS4
    If you play online: get the Xbox
    If you like the idea of motion games, or quality voice/gesture control: get the Xbox
    Games: Very similar lineups, Xbox had all the good games this past Christmas -- that could change this year or not.
    If you have cable: get the Xbox
    If you don't want like Kinect and/or motion games: get the PS4

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Only thing that makes me consider PS4 is the possibility of a last of us sequel. That was the greatest game I ever played. But I did miss Halo when I chose PS3.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I missed Halo when I switched to PS4, but playing Destiny completely negated those worries honestly. When I picked up my Xbox, I bought MCC but after their launch issues and after playing modern shooters (with modern movement, like Titanfall and Destiny) I couldn't go back. Both games (Tf2 and Destiny2) will be on PS4.

While Halo 5 will be exclusive, 343 has yet to prove to me they can make a good multiplayer game from scratch. They sure as hell can ship off a product they know is broken though.

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

For what it's worth, I bought an Xbox One right after Christmas and I haven't even powered the thing on in over a month. I think I might just be past the video game stage, and I'm seriously considering selling it to buy a new lawnmower. Now that's something I really want and can use.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't play games 1/4th as much as I used to, but if you're considering selling your console for a lawnmower...your childhood died awhile ago.

10. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Have they fixed the Halo issues?

I have the xbox but my main reason for buying it was because of the media part of it.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

But I'm only 29! :(

But if I were to sell it:

Xbox One w/o Kinect
    Microsoft Play and Charge Kit
    12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership
    NBA 2k15

Is $400 a fair asking price?

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Xbox One has better exclusives and Microsoft is constantly trying to improve the console so that means that years from now you have a lot to look forward to. Xbox One is also going to get Direct X12 soon...

The hardware is pretty much the same..... Only difference between PS4 and Xbox is that one is backed up by a headphone company and the other by the biggest software company in the world. Microsoft will continue to better the experience and provide exclusive titles not available anywhere else. Xbox One is the way to go hands down.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I have a friend that plays in a small competitive league for it, he keeps claiming they've fixed it. However, there always seems to be some new patch that comes out to "fix the remaining issues". I mean how many more remaining issues should there be for something that came out 5 months ago?

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Also, if you like Elder Scrolls........ You might want to check this out.. Looks promising...
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EPqaVotjnJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Maybe games just aren't a priority for you anymore, nothing wrong with that. Adulthood is a b****. (I'm 31)

That price is more than fair if you haven't used the 12 months. Even if you have I'd say it's solid. A new Xbox one without Kinect is $400. Kinect street price is $150 I believe.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Stop giving bad advice please, that game is nothing like Elder Scrolls.

Perfect example of what I meant when I said anyone giving a flat recommendation has an agenda. I knew I could count on you.
    You don't even know how DX12 works, yet you're suggesting it as a feature that should sway his purchasing decision.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

What do you mean agenda? DX12 is not a huge advantage but its nice to know that the console will support it..... Is it bad Microsoft has not forgotten about their console unlike Sony?

Well sooooorrry for disagreeing with your professional opinion.... Don't get too moist...

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

There's a difference between disagreeing, and being biased. I'll let you figure out which is you.
    I also like that you didn't dispute that you have no clue how DX12 works.

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm pretty sure I don't need to be a genius to know exactly how DX works if I actually wanted to.... But if you know and that makes you content and self entitled to giving others your absolute undeniable and unquestionable opinion on gaming then good for you.... I have a nice overview of DX... I'm not a dev or a game designer but I don't have to be in order to give out my opinion..... You're so full of yourself...

1 person likes this.
  20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nah, I just don't like willful ignorance or people who intentionally mislead others. You fit both. You have nothing to gain from anyone buying a Xbox, yet here you are like clockwork with your typical pro-microsoft drivel. Last post from me directed towards you.