1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Considering a switch from iPhone to Android

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Harrisment, Mar 10, 2019.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Pretty good. Better than airpods imo.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Just retired my 6s. Lasted me from 2016 till last week. Battery went real bad, phone would only last 25min without charge. And since I don’t see much of an improvement from year to year I bought a battery replacement kit and changed the battery. Was working great until the home button started having issues. Would of fixed it if it weren’t for the biggest issue I got with iOS and that is the damn system storage taking up all the memory no matter what I tried. Went in and tried to gets 7 but they don’t have them in 64g so I got myself a 8 and it’s been real nice. But feels like the same phone for the most part
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Harrisment likes this.
  3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Went from iPhone to Google Pixel XL2 a little over a year ago. I don't regret it.

Biggest issue is group messaging. It's a huge PITA to get your number out of the iMessage system -- you have to disable iMessage on your old phone with the sim card in, remove your number from icloud/itunes etc, and some other stuff I'm probably forgetting -- to even start to receive messages from iPhone users with whom you've previously used iMessage with.

For the first month or two I was not receiving some messages in group texts altogether. I only realized because my wife was in some of the same groups. Over time it seemed to correct itself and I think I'm receiving 100% now, but there will definitely be a period where you'll miss some group messages. I recall reading something like it takes time to really get your number disassociated with Apple's servers, and until then you are SOL.

For whatever reason it never affected solo texting.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I actually had that problem day 1, but I found that Apple has a form on their site now where I just put in my number and it was instantly unregistered from imessage. After that I haven't had an issue.

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

To give an update, I am still very happy with my new phone and am not missing my iPhone one bit. I've been spending a lot of time in the Android and GalaxyS10 subreddits, and I'm having a blast customizing and tinkering with it.

Tonight my cousin's iPhone battery was out of juice, and I was able to use the wireless powershare feature to charge it for her from my phone. Super cool.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Welcome to the Galaxy World.

I jumped from the S8+ to the S10+. Outside of the cameras and front fingerprint scanner, they feel very similar. So similar that I was able to use my old case with a slight modification for the side upper right button. I also have to make the ear phone jack hole a little bigger and extend the camera cutout. While all of that seems unflattering, it shows how well built the Samsung series has been over the last couple years. I am very happy with the S series since the Galaxy S7.

Harrisment likes this.
  7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Get a new case, cheapskate.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Chungus, I like my current case. They dont make one like it anymore. I dont feel like going back to carrying a wallet again.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I picked up this cheap clear case on Amazon. It improves the grip, but I don't expect it will do much if it's dropped face first. I've seen several people on Reddit that have already shattered their screens, so it makes me a little nervous.

TOZO for Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus...

10. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I have to reiterate, if you're looking to protect your phone from falls, the SUPCASE unicorn beetle is the way to go.

#50 Falcons Talon, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so is there any decent android out ther bsides samsung or google?