1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connell High School player disgraces #34, fouls flagrantly

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by RV6, Jan 5, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The travel sucks even when you are just doing it locally, but you do get some $$$ for the miles traveled if you are in the union.

DD

2. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

You prob have a better chance of becoming a pro athlete than a ref considering how long they last.

3. Prince

Prince Member

Flagrant fouls or not

Flagrant fouls or not?

except for number 3 which I think is considered a flagrant foul...

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Borat says NOT!

Already a thread :(

5. Prince

Prince Member

seriously, if that was my son playing on the red team, kick the asses of those refs.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Honestly, if you think anyone of those plays was a flagrant foul, then maybe you should play volleyball. All of them were fouls at best. I swear, does everyone want basketball to evolve into a soft contact sport.

My football coach said something to me once "Football is not a contact sport, it is a collision sport. Basketball is a contact sport." This is why flopping is becoming so widely accepted...

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The hard part is his backup is Hasheem Thabeet ... Connell High can't afford Vanderbilt in foul trouble.

1 person likes this.
  8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

lolwut

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man....that is just funny......in a very very sad sort of way !!

:)

DD

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Cmon now...even in football there are illegal hits or "collisions". There's allowable contact in basketball, but this isn't it.

11. Prince

Prince Member

Looks like DDBA.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

#2 and #4 were not flagrant fouls. #4 was hard enough of a foul to get a warning from the ref.

#1, #3 and #6 were flagrant fouls with the intent to harm his opponent. #34 should have got tossed out of the game.

#5 was a borderline flagrant foul, since the foul led to a bad fall. I don't think #34 had the intent to harm but he also made no attempt to ease the fall of the other player.

Methinks that #34 is a football player and that his basketball "coach" considers his football coaching position his main gig.

The other team put up with a lot. Kudos to them. If I was on the court, all I got to say is that I hope #34 is wearing a cup, a really good cup, since my knee would be a crotch seeking missile. My elbow also might find his nose. I am just saying ...

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is trollish BS. Three of those fouls if done in the he-man NBA would be flagrant. Of course, in the NBA #34 would not be given a change at a second flagrant. Either the ref tosses him or the players take care of it.

If basketball is that much a of a contact sport, pads and helmets would be required. The game should be played in such a way that none of the players get hurt. This is not being "soft", just reasonable.

14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

That happened to me once, got clipped/undercut in the air, hit hard on the court on my hip. Fight almost broke out because my teammates didn't take it lightly.

Few minutes later I drove the lane and the same guy came running at me, I lead with my elbow and caught him in the mouth. Cut up my elbow and knocked out his front teeth. problem solved. Flagrant or not that would only happen once if it were me or my teammates.

15. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

just watching this makes me so mad.

16. mastraw18

mastraw18 Member

Well the 2nd one shouldn't have even been a foul. The rebounder seemed to step out of bounds with his heal.

With that being said, I wished I played against that dude when I was in HS. I'd slug the guy in the face and be happy with my suspension.

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Why is that offensive guard playing basketball?

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

This is such an easy fix. When I was in H.S., I would have left this guy open on defense so that he could catch the ball and then stay just far enough away from that he was tempted to dribble. The minute he starts his dribble, I'd jump over on him and trip his feet so he falls on his fat....stomach. You take them dumb fat boys down a time or two like that and they decide to clean it up and quit being stupid out there.

Some of those plays may not have been flagrants but only because he is fat enough to disguise intent. If you want it to stop, you retaliate and make it an issue and play dumb just like your opponent does.

19. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

This. When you get a goomba on the floor, it's best to go right into his face and make that gravy sweating prick cry like a b****.

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

As an 8th-grade basketball coach, that kid should have been kicked out of the game.

I don't care if they were flagrant or not. He had no business being in there. He was disinterested in the overall flow of the game and tried to be disruptive by injuring other players.

If he tried that crap in the community where my "kids" play, his teeth would have been knocked out after his Andrew Bynum-JJ Barea move. Actually, that might help him lose a few pounds.:)