1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You are probably correct. And to be honest, I would not want an impeachment for any President (even Trump), unless there was evidence so clear and damning that probably doesn't exist in this case. I think using the courts (an in this case, Congress acting as a court) to take away someon's democratic vote should always be avoided if at all possible.

But *if* it were to happen, I would prefer Ryan over Pence. But either would be rendered powerless and limited to a caretaker role by Congress and the American people (such as Ford was after Nixon).

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Pretty much agree with what you said. I just feel in that case, the election was not legitimate and so I don't really care who is who - they all need to go. It would be a first (not impeachment or resign, but how the election was won), and I don't know what can be possible and even if possible, if it's the smart thing to do. But I know what I would feel and I bet many folks would agree.

3. conquistador#11

Just playing glorious red army devil's advocate here because I kind of like comrade putin. But doesn't it bother republicans that Trump is brehs with a commie? I mean republicans were so uptight with anyone just taking a picture with comrade chavez.

Nook likes this.
  4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's sort of a moot question to ask what Republicans will put up with in order to "win". What will they put up with? Hmmmm...,

-White Nationalist in the White House
    -bragging about sexual assault
    -destroying our environment
    - private servers for their email comm
    -KKK leaders being your biggest chear leaders
    -lying out the arse all day every day
    -demonizing of immigrant brown folks
    -propoganda
    -scrubbing the internet (see EPA details and web search changes)
    - attacking voter rights
    -taking basic programs like meals on wheels away from poor elderly folks
    - etc etc.

Oh and coordinating with a hostile foreign power to help get your guy elected.

All in the name of what exactly? Can someone please tell me what exactly is the pledge for to GOP anymore? Do they stand for anything other than trickle down economics, tax breaks for the wealthy, and corporate back scratching?

Democrats aren't perfect but crap. How far are you willing to go just to "beat" and slander the democrats in this political game?

Deckard likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think at this point there needs to be a special investigator that is nonpartisan and independent investigating the whole fiasco that Trump created.

It is clear now that he is totally inept and incompetent at running a country - and that should be enough to get Republicans on board with impeaching him.

7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I just think it's interesting Trump is willing to rip into almost everyone with usually wrong criticism but he will deflect any opportunity to rip into Russia or Putin. Everyone else is fair game but not him.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I seriously doubt Putin would tolerate one of his agents ripping into him. Trump would be in big trouble if he were to cross Putin.

9. adoo

adoo Member

add this dot;
    Boris Epshteyn, a special assistant to President Donald Trump who leads the White House’s television surrogate operations, has been unceremoniously let go. http://fox40.com/2017/03/25/trump-aide-boris-epshteyn-leaving-white-house-officials-say/

Boris was born in Russia, immigrated to the US in the '90s, and has some business ties in Russia

of all ones let go or under investigation (due to their Russian connecton)

Manafort,Flynn,Page,Stone,Epstein,​

who will be the first one to flip against Trump?

my guess is Flynn

10. NewRoxFan

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm trying not to buy into conspiracy thinking but there's a **** storm of coincidences fit a Washington Outsider like Trump to carry.

Maybe Washington Outsider is too literal a status for him.

12. Cohete Rojo

So a breakfast between the soon-to-be NSA head and the House Intell head is cause for scandal?

Don't play Trump's game.

13. NewRoxFan

14. Cohete Rojo

15. Cohete Rojo

As a follow up: What was James Woolsey doing there? I mean, was it just coincidental that he happened to be in New York, at the Essex Hotel, on the 14th floor, opened a door, and walked into a room where Flynn and Turkish officials were meeting to discuss Gulen's extradition?

Come on.

Note: I made up the 14th floor.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My guess is that Woolsey was there because he was part of the Trump transition team. That seemed pretty obvious.

Nook likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

I guess you think you are being clever (hopefully you are playing stupid, not just being as stupid as your posts here portray you to be), but Flynn was fired as DIA head in Obama's administration in 2014, years before the meeting being discussed.

http://www.businessinsider.com/michael-t-flynn-fired-from-dia-2014-4

Which really brings to question Trump's decision-making to bring a guy into his own administration that Colin Powell called "right-wing nutty", a jerk, abusive with staff, didn't listen, worked against policy, bad management. Many the same things that got him fired from Trump's administration.

http://www.businessinsider.com/colin-powell-donald-trump-mike-flynn-emails-2016-9

18. NewRoxFan

Nook likes this.
  19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Always wondered what happens to undercover spies that are now outed and are required to give testimony do instead? Work a desk job instead? I mean their identity has been exposed. They can't exactly go back underground and keep working.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Probably make more money doing contract investigations. Or go work for a media company like the History Channel which does shows like "Hunting Hitler". Or be a CNN analyst. I can think of alot of things. Work after being outed as an intelligence agent could actually be pretty good for life.

However, it is a dangerous time to be Chis Steele. If he could potentially bring down the President of the US with a testimony, I'm not saying Trump would have him murdered... but Trump could try and have him murdered.

If I were Chris Steele I'd be very careful where I go and what I do right now. Also the other potential testimony that matters, Michael Flynn (who is rumored to be talking to the FBI about a deal), should keep a low profile. If he's not already in protected custody.