1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I think there is a major difference. Democratic donors sought help from a British spy and the Ukrainian government, but they most likely did not promise anything to such entities. To me it's similar to the difference between cheaters like Jose Conseco and Pete Rose. As of right now, I'd put Trump Jr in the Conseco realm of cheating.

If it turns out he made promises through his father's consent to drop Russian sanctions, etc, then that would put him in the Rose realm - not just a cheater but a total disgrace to the game.

This is also the first pre-election bomb shell that we have. IIRC, everything else (Flynn's discussion of sanctions, Russian back channels, etc) were all post-election.

2. Buck Turgidson

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And this is the Trump/Kellyanne spin:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rd-for-political-spin/?utm_term=.3d2b7671a790

So... Kellyanne and Trump have conceded that collusion to interfere with our election process happened, but until "hard evidence of system, sustained, furtive collusion" that "indeed dictated the electoral outcome" is produced... no biggie.

Don't worry Kellyanne and Donnie... more to come. Lots, lots more to come.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Is this the end of the beginning? How many more shoes will drop?

#1265 pirc1, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  6. NewRoxFan

The number of people in that meeting continues to grow, and Trump's new crime syndicate lawyer and Fox News are trying their best to stay ahead and get their spin on the story:

Russian lobbyist, unnamed translator attended Trump Tower meeting with Russian lawyer

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-trump-tower-meeting-with-russian-lawyer.html

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I hope this gets worked out soon. America needs a Trump's calm and steady hand to continue making things great.

JeffB, B-Bob and No Worries like this.
  8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

At this point, I'd settle for "Make America Reasonably OK."

Or Reasonably Happy.

[​IMG]

9. pirc1

Hopefully when this administration is finished, USA will be on its path to greatness again.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Both Steele and Akhmetshin worked for Fusion GPS, apparently. Is Fusion GPS burning the candle at both ends?

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think this changes much about the Don Jr. meeting, but I'm uncomfortable with how the media just says Akhmetshin is a former Russian spy or that he has alleged ties to the Kremlin. It looks like the business practice of GPS Fusion is to hire former spies because they specialize in collecting nonpublic information. The implication is supposed to be that Akhmetshin is communicating with the Kremlin about all of this. He might be. But he could also just be doing business development for GPS Fusion. That this was a sales call for him, to offer his opposition research skills to Trump. I don't find his presence as problematic as the Russian lawyer's.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Henry Ford is rolling over in his grave.

14. pirc1

Most reasonable people would expect there were information exchanged at the meeting about the election, the only thing is if it can be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. All Trump administration can hold on to is that there is no transcript of the meeting and people could not say with 100% confidence that deals were made.

15. dandorotik

I just hope Huell isn't still in that room.

Oh, but yeah, path to greatness. Well, most of America is great. The executive branch of our government is a bit "shaky."

16. dandorotik

[​IMG]

17. NewRoxFan

When the going gets tough...

Kushner's lawyer dropping out of representing him: report
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...awyer-dropping-out-of-representing-him-report

18. NewRoxFan

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

1. I had no meeting

2. I might have had a meeting.

3. I had a quick 10 second meeting.

4. I had 20 minute meeting but the campaign wasn't involved

5. I had a meeting it was a 20 minute meeting, but there was nothing of interest

6. I had meeting, hoping for dirt, but it did not happen. And it was just me.

7. I had a meeting, Kushner and Manafort joined me they didn't seem to care, no information was given.

8. I had a meeting and there was also a Russian Lobbyist present as well.

9. I had a meeting and might have been given information, but I will tell you it was not used.

10. Future... I had a meeting I got the information, used the information and that was it.

11. I had the meeting, we made a deal to to use the information and that was it

12. I had a meeting, we made the deal and the deal was to lift all these sanctions.

JeffB likes this.
  20. pirc1