1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congresswoman Shot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Jan 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I wonder why Free Republic is down?

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

oh my. the rhetoric!

[​IMG]

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really?

You don't see the difference? "Dead to me" is a well known saying. 2nd amendment remedies to political elections that don't come out the way someone wanted isn't.

Don't make yourself look silly.

4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

The kid's clearly schizophrenic.

Maybe he got amped up by watching too much television news, but trying to parse his political affiliation just so you have talking points against 'the other side' doesn't make much sense.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The guy was anti-government. The congresswoman just happened to be a democrat. There are no politics in play here, just an insane moron who thinks he's smarter than he actually is.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

If this guy was a Muslim I bet he would be called a terrorist. Just sayin.

Crappy world we live in.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I've also heard people literally afraid to board a flight because there is a "scary looking afghanistani-looking dude" taking the flight with them.

Society is free-falling.

8. DreamRoxCoogFan

So sorry to hear about the horrific terrorist attack in Arizona today. Thoughts and prayers with the victims and hope those who can recover, do.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

This is seemingly another case for improved attitudes towards mental health. It is a disease like any other and needs to get some better PR or this crap will increase.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"Fix the blame. . and the problem will fix it self" - USA 2011

Rocket River

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He also list We the Living which is by Ayn Rand which would strongly argue against they guy being a Communist or even a liberal.

Besides the fact that this guy shot a Congresswoman going by the info coming out about him he is beyond any standard view of liberal, conservative or group label of Democrat, Republican, Tea Party or etc.. This guy is politically extreme of extreme.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Honestly I was stunned in horror. Tucson isn't really a place where you expect something like that to happen. I'm in shock right now, I'm just glad I'm not in Tucson. When I get home, I think this will be soo much more real to me...

The guy seems like a nutbag, but I don't believe he wasn't set off by someone. I'm incredulous and jaded, I can't help but think someone pointed him in the direction he went...

13. cdastros

cdastros Member

Richard justice on twitter posted a link of a girl who says she went to high school with the shooter. She says that the shooter was a loner at the time and had liberal beliefs.

14. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Here is that twitter link:
    http://twitter.com/#!/caitieparker

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Looking more and more like a schizo with twisted Libertarian beliefs.

16. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

At least Catcher in the Rye wasn't listed as a favorite book...

17. Agent94

Agent94 Member

That is obviously a fake page. His name is Loughner, not Laughner.

18. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Is he not a terrorist? I sure think he probably is.

I love how some of you jump to conclusions regarding his political affiliations to mainstream beliefs so quickly, as if it truly matters. I don't care if the guy was a hard-core supporter of Sarah Palin or Al Gore. The guy was a nut job terrorist, plain and simple and neither of those political affiliations condone actions like that.

I'm also love how some of you seem to incinuate if there were more stringent gun laws and people were not allowed to conceal weapons that this would not have happened. Don't think this guy really cared about the laws.

This was essentially an act of terrorism, and with the type of extreme politics being played by both sides (i.e. Alarmism on how the world is being ruined by the other side), there are going to be nut jobs that take those beliefs to the next level. We better get used to it, unless politics start changing, and we all know that is not going to happen from either side.

2 people like this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, I think you are right. We have stricter gun laws in Germany, and we still had one politician shot (Wolfgang Schaeuble, he has been paraplegic since then) and one stabbed (Oskar Lafontaine) by crazies. They both survived, but just goes to show that there is no 100 % security from individual crazies...as a politician, you are at risk to a certain degree.

I also agree with the rest of your post...strange to read how so many immediately try to pin the blame on the political group they oppose. Seems inappropriate to me.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Political violence is a big part of American history.