1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT SEASON - HOUSTON ROCKETS 2014/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, May 4, 2014.

?

Will the Rockets reach the NBA finals in 2015?

1. YES

81 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. NO

142 vote(s)
    53.0%
  3. I HAVE GIVEN UP ON THE ROCKETS

45 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. BinBinRingRing

Love the spirit! You need McHale on that picture though, he is the key piece of the team's success next season.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Durant isn't a free agent til 2016. Morey is planning everything around Kevin Love. He may have wanted Aldridge at one point, but that ain't happening now. And Melo's situation may be resolved this offseason, so he's likely off the table as well.

Basically 2014 we're likely standing pat aside from minor tweaks, and then it's Kevin Love in 2015 or bust.

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Yeah I don't think Carmelo is going to be available.

But what about Rondo? I think Rondo might be the missing piece.

I also don't think Love would come to Houston. How much money do we even have to offer Love or Rondo....

4. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

NBA just doesn't like us period.

5. Raven

Raven Member

Let's be clear on one thing, just because I don't think the Rockets can improve enough to make the Finals next year doesn't mean I think they are on the wrong course. There's only two or three teams who have a brighter future, Miami with LeDiva, The Clippers (no Sterling to hold them back) and perhaps the Thunder (maybe), but that's a very short list.

Harden disappointed but he can improve (especially under the right coach with the right point guard), there are zero salary cap issues (envy of the league), and Morey has plucked too many gems out of the draft not to get excited about next year's D League stars. I'm not freaking out - yet.

6. Solaris

Solaris Member

Why is Bev punching T-Jones in your picture?

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I haven't given up on the Rockets, but there's no way in hell I'm happy about losing in the first round. There are many words I would use to describe it, but "great" isn't one of them.

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't know if we have a chance to get Love, but Morey has refused to give any role players a long term contract in order to have money to spend in the summer of 2015. Because the window will start to close on the contracts of Harden and Howard, at that point Morey will have to go all in on someone. Maybe it will be one superstar, maybe it will be several solid veteran players. But Morey will definitely be in win now mode at that point. Until that time comes, Morey will try to pry away a superstar by trade, but it takes two to tango, so we may be in a holding pattern for another year.

However, don't forget that we are a young team with players still improving. And we have some players that haven't really made an impact yet, that may blossom into solid contributors that could improve the team. I'm talking about players like Daniels, Canaan, Covington, and our first round pick this year.

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He deserves it for his guarding of the inbound pass imo

10. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

Perfectly summed up - hate to say it, but the rest of the West is passing us by.

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

So the Blazers passing the Rockets is sort of like Golden State passing the Rockets last year because they made it to the second round?

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Blazers absolutely passed the Rockets. Their talent is comparable to ours. They're just as young. They have a better coach. And they just beat us without homecourt advantage and even less playoff experience(which they're about to get a lot more of in the 2nd round against the Spurs).

As for the Warriors, notice how I didn't mention them in my post? That's because I think they at best were stuck in neutral this season. They won 47 games in 2013 and won 51 this season. But they lost in the first round instead of the second. The main reason being that the #3 seed this season was the LA Clippers instead of the overrated Denver Nuggets of a year ago. It was more about the rest of the West improving than the Warriors regressing.

That being said, they still finished better than the Rockets in the postseason by at least extending their series to 7 games. Without homecourt or Andrew Bogut. So in a way, you could argue they're on par with the Rockets. The good news is we seem to own them in head-to-head matchups.

13. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Great season = WCF
    Good season = 2nd round
    bad season = 1st round exit

14. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Most likely two good looking guys in the middle will be replaced next season, you should McFail in between DH and JH.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

As long as Mchale is coach, we will not go anywhere.

16. Dementium

Dementium Member

I think we are the more talented team.

The problem is for the series Matthews and Lopez were arguably even with Harden and Dwight (largely due to Harden).

Can't have their role players matching your stars performance and expect to win.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

We need to upgrade in the same way the clips did last year. Need to sign some quality wings to come off the bench. I'm looking at Thabo Sefalosha...

18. downbytheriver

LOL

hahahahahah

hilarious and so true.

19. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Precisely.

20. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

TROY DANIELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!