1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratulations Jeff Bagwell 2017 HOF Inductee

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Hey Now!, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I renewed the driver license for Jeff Bagwell. We were talking about the eleven game winning streak; about what a shame the Japanese guy for the Angels got hurt. He said people are complaining about this season but the the Astros are right where they were last season. He also said Seattle is playing well but that they don't have the pitching to compete with the Astros. Nice guy.

SLRokJok, Houstunna and DoitDickau like this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Damn man, which DMV do you work at? You seem to get to meet everybody.

3. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

The dps office on Dacoma. I would go there unless you really had to. The line almost wraps around the building and stays that way for most of the day.
    Jeff didn't have to wait, but just about everybody else does.

donkeypunch likes this.
  4. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Well I will need to renew mine in October. Can I skip the line by asking for Lemonte?

Houstunna likes this.
  5. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

Call 713.683.0541 and make an appointment. Call in the morning on the day you want to come in.

SLRokJok and macho GRANDE like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

I like you, Lemonjello, thanks for taking care of the people.

Lemonte likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Lance is always reppin.

JeeberD, mikol13 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Still the greatest Astro, until somebody takes it from him. It's not even close yet.

bigdaddy, texans1095 and mikol13 like this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I came here to post this.

Some people will point to Biggio. Something to be said about longevity, but we all saw the drop in his final years. Bidge was great, but couldn’t do all that Baggy could.

Bagwell without question was the best baseball player that ever wore an Astros uniform and agree it wasn’t close. I really wish we could have seen a healthy Baggy with a few more years added on. The numbers would have been among the all time greats imo.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

It STILL bugs me that Frank Thomas was a consensus first ballot hall of famer and Bagwell had to wait.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, Bags only won ONE gold glove? How is that possible?

12. Buck Turgidson

The fact that the only year he won it was his ridiculous MVP season should tell you all you need to know about how GGs used to be awarded.

mikol13 likes this.
  13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some of my favorite Bagwell memories were of him charging home plate on bunt attempts. He was freaking fearless. Even considering all a player had to do was pull back and swing away and he was in serious danger of an injury from a nearly point blank line drive, he still did it. And it rattled the HELL out of batters.

mikol13 likes this.
  14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Young Biggio wasn't the player young Bagwell was either. Late 90s though they were on a similar level. If not for longevity, you could certainly argue Berkman or Oswalt equal or above Biggio, but they couldn't muster the additional 5 years or so years they would have needed. Berkman probably wouldn't have even needed them if he was more committed because he was about as equal with the bat to Bagwell as you could be.

Altuve is certainly on his way to being alongside Biggio and potentially surpassing him. In terms of awards, he's already at the top with an MVP, 5 Silver Sluggers (Biggio has 4 & Baggy 3) and 6 All-Star Selections (Biggio has 7). Correa & Bregman certainly are good enough and young enough to surpass them all.

mikol13 likes this.
  15. SuraGotMadHops

Coincidentally I saw Baggy pulling into the Whole Foods on Waugh yesterday morning. He was in a tricked out Cadillac CTS coupe and his license plate read "J Bags V"