1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congrats to Obama - First President in a Generation to Stand up to Israel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Pretty simple.

American policy and interest > Israel policy and interest.

That doesn't at all mean Israel policy and interest is not important for American, but our priority is higher. So, for example, when we support a 2-state solution and Israel doesn't, there is a conflict but it's clear which side we should push for.

I still don't get the utter love for Israel by so many in the US? Is it the Promise land? That's one thing that make some sense to me, but I have much ignorance in this area.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It depends on what you think "better" would be, if you think the destruction of Israel would be "better" like a few posters here clearly do, then yeah the US abandoning Israel or switching sides would possibly end up being "better".

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You can support and make excuses for murder, occupation, and apartheid because worse things go on in the world but that's not my thing.

What are my anti-Semitic views? Please quote them for me or simply apologize.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

We support a lot of countries that do much worse. Where is your outrage for this?

I really dont believe youre anti-semitic. I believe you mindlessly follow the major talking point w/out putting much thought or opinion on it. Im not sure which is worse.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What countries? Where's your outrage? I know of no other country that we routinely protect with vetoes in the UN Security Council. No other country that's had it's leadership invited to speak at the floor of the US Congress. So what countries compare? Specify.

What's the major talking point? I'm confused about what I should be mindlessly following.

6. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Obama should not be messing with the Jews who are God's people. Anybody who messes with God's people will be cursed. Obama needs to chill.

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

If you oppose racism, apartheid, religious fundamentalism, and zionist fanaticism, you should not be supporting Israel.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

No, but your extreme emotionality should give you some feel for how offended some Muslims felt about the Charlie Hebdo cartoons.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

My "extreme emotionality" amounted to rolling my eyes and making a snarky comment to you and calling someone else out, on a message board for their racism. I would certainly understand if Muslims took offense to Charlie Hebdo cartoons and resorted to such measures.

Unfortunately they resorted to death threats and eventually to mass murder.

It's weird that you somehow can draw an equivalence between my posts in this thread and the "extreme emotionality" that must have led to such horrible actions.

10. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

I would certainly understand if Muslims took offense to Charlie Hebdo cartoons and resorted to such measures.

Unfortunately they resorted to death threats and eventually to mass murder

I would certainly understand if Muslims took offense to Charlie Hebdo cartoons and resorted to such measures.

-----------------

Couldn't be repeated enough. Glynch is delusional. He's a Chavez/Maduro soundboard that lives in some sort of hypocritical fog pretending to be anti-elitist, anti-American and anti-Capitalist. He will justify the murder of innocents if it goes along the Venezuelan government's line of thinking.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The only country in that whole region the USA and all other Western countries should support in any way is Israel. And they should probably support it a lot more than they already do. Israel is the only bastion of democracy and freedom in that region. Tunisia is probably no. 2 in that regard.

12. Remii

Remii Member

Yes... Israel is the promise land for organized crime.

I'm surprised people aren't screaming anti-Semitic because you posted this. But, Americans are all good with sending Israel $15-$20 billion a year of their tax dollars (and it's possibly more that that) and sending their children off to die but they'll bytch and moan about Obamacare.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

And why is it important to have a bastion of freedom and democracy in that region?

14. Exiled

Exiled Member

[youtube]zWaLuVQ_LCc[/youtube]

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Because the people who live there have a right to live in freedom and peace and to not be beheaded and mass murdered, like, for instance, the Yazidis in Iraq and Syria, or like Jews under the "prophet" Mohammad.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This isn't an either/or that we support Israel or we support radical Islamic extremists. Those who support Israel frequently like to talk about strong and resilient of military and society it has yet act like Arab hordes would suddenly bulldoze them into the sea if the US withdrew its support. Israel fought off combined Arab armies long before the US supported it so heavily and since then has only gotten militarily stronger.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'm afraid it is.

It's a numbers game. The other side has extremely fanatical elements, as we can see in Iraq and Syria - also, Iran. Without support, Israel might be wiped off the earth. And one cannot help but suspect that some posters (not you, rocketsjudoka) would welcome this.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The only country in that whole region the USA and all other Western countries should support in any way is Israel, because the people who live there have a right to live in freedom and peace and to not be beheaded and mass murdered, like, for instance, the Yazidis in Iraq and Syria, or like Jews under the "prophet" Mohammad?

That is your argument?

So, the other people in that area don't have that right then?

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Wit us or agin us to quote their hero Dubya.