1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congrats to Obama - First President in a Generation to Stand up to Israel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I really do think we need to come up with a better term for those who hate Jews because there's an awful lot of Semites that are guilty of "Antisemitism". Also, it's very rare that those who hate Jews hate all Semites, usually it's just Jews or Israelis.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. There was no call for that kind of crazy stuff.

3. Remii

Remii Member

Shame on Americans who bytch and moan about Obamacare but have no problem with being on their knees and spitting up billions of dollars to Israel.

We don't need an ally in that part of the world. Just business partners and you don't have to be friends to do business. Europeans are the ones who needs allies in that part of the world. And just like Israel is useless to us... So is Europe.

You may be a so called Jew... But you're an American and not an Israeli. So an attack on Israel isn't an attack on you.

4. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Let me clarify this for M.G.

Remii is saying you're not jewish. He's another seething jew hater on this board along with Exiled. This has been proven time and again through their posting history. He's sick in the head and needs serious therapy.

5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Exiled and Remii have been posting conspiracy theory crap against Jews on here. It's the very sick kind that has deep roots in lies and hatred of Jews.

6. Remii

Remii Member

I call Black Americans 'so called African Americans' as well if it makes you fell better.

No... I post conspiracy crap against the rich banker so called Jews who run the federal reserve. Not the every day citizens who are punching a clock just trying to survive and live like everyone else. I'm sure the rich bankers aren't calling people like M.G. and including him in their plans.

7. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I'm glad you are onto the Jews controlling the banks, but I think the dastardly papist Irish and anarchist Italians might be a greater threat to WASP values. I just sent a telegram to President Wilson and Henry Ford to alert them to the menace.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You and Exiled belong on Stromfront, not clutchfans. There you can post pictures of blood sucking animals as metaphors for Jews, you can bask in the sunlight with your fellow enlightened souls who figured out that Hitler was right all along about the nasty banker Jews who are out to ruin the lives of all the good hard working people....

9. Buck Turgidson

Oh I'm glad this thread took the turn it did, it lets these types show us all *exactly* what they are.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For stuff like this I'm going to say the same thing that I've said about other groups / religions. There is often a fine line that too frequently gets crossed regarding criticism of some of a group to an overall attack on the group at large. I think with Israel this is a line that does get crossed and drives a lot of the most extreme rhetoric. While Israel is a Jewish state as even many Jews will attest Israel, and especially the government, isn't all of Judaism. Some of the most vocal critics of Israeli policy that I've met are Jewish themselves. Also for those who don't know the history of Israel in the late 1940's some of the biggest opponents of the creation of Israel were extremely religious Jews who thought the vision of a democratic modern Israel that Ben Gurion had was blasphemy.

Back on topic. While I believe Israel deserves to exist and in safety we need to be clear that Israel isn't the US and Israel's interests aren't the same as the US'. No country has exactly the same interests.

Looking at the history of Israel Arab conflict it should be pretty clear that Israel is so vastly militarily superior that there is pretty much no chance that the Arabs will drive them into the sea as rhetoric on both sides likes to bring up. Further some of Israel's historically greatest enemies, Egypt, Iraq, and Syria, are riven with civil war or internal strife and are far from uniting their own people let alone engaging in a war to drive Israel into the Mediterranean. Saudi Arabia knows war with Israel will result in their own economic ruin and are more fearful of Iran anyway. Iran is crippled by sanctions has some deep social divisions and even with a nuke at most that would buy them is mutually assured destruction and if it came to it Israel has a first strike capability that Iran can only dream of. There are no enemies that actually are an existential threat to Israel.

Yet the US continues to fund and back Israel militarily even while Israel undertakes policies such as continuing to build settlements and deny Palestinians land and water rights that would actually allow them to build a functioning state. My own view has been that without the US subsidizing Israel that maintaining far flung settlements would be economically difficult for Israel to do. That might compel them to maintain a policy that focuses on defending Israel proper, roughly the 1967 borders, than continuing a policy that essentially controls most of the West Bank territories. While this wouldn't lead to a peace of trust and friendship it might be what allows the Palestinians to build a functioning state and the Israelis to keep a tight and defensible border.

Ultimately any peace will have to be in the words of Rabin "a peace of the brave." Radicals will always try to derail the peace process but the only chance of the peoples there is to not let themselves be held hostage to the fear of the others' radicals. As long as the US continues to fund and support Israel no matter though that becomes much more problematic.

1 person likes this.
  11. Remii

Remii Member

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Be mad at Henry Ford and not at me ;)

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I am upset that Exiled's poor taste, perhaps vilely anti-semitic cartoon has diverted attention about ways in which Israel interests are distinct from that of the average American. Such as keeping the Middle East in an uproar because they want a privileged states for Jews in Palestine; or lobbying to use the US military to break up any surrounding state whose dictator does not ignore the will of their majorities therebye remaining silent wrt to the present level of oppression of Palestinians.

Exiled's free speech right to place the offending cartoon perhaps ( I doubt it) will cause some reflection by those who are so cavalier about cartoons about Mohamad that upset some Muslims so much. Exiled's behavior shows the same lack of sensitivity of those who put the cartoons in Charlie Hebdo which he strongly objected too.

As far as the cartoon, aside from some of the symbols (which I don't understand and may be old anti-semitic signs or tropes). Regardless of the obviously anti-semite source I don't see how a cartoon per se showing the Jewish Lobby squeezing or dominating the whitehouse is per se anti-semtic-- es[ecially after the atrocious power play by Netanyahu and the AIPAC inspired moron from Arkansas. Interesting wrt to the SPLC notation I expect this just shows that traditionally most severe anti-semites in the US have been conservatives, often from the South..

Perhaps someone can explain this to me?

#32 glynch, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't worry, I highly doubt he hates all Semites, just some.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I am jewish and I agree with the OP.

Remii and Exiled are nothing but pieces of hate filled s***. Please stop quoting them so that those of us who have tried to ignore them can.

1 person likes this.
  15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't know what the cartoon is about but there's no question Israel is a leach on our country. It's a one sided arrangement. Hopefully Netanyahu's admission is the beginning of the end of the financial and military support that enables the Israelis to flaunt the law and impose apartheid on millions of people.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Glynch is right. Wanting people to not post hateful racist imagery that was created by nazi propagandists to help justify their genocide gives me new appreciation for those who want to cut people's heads off and commit acts of terror and mass murder over cartoons.

1 person likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Well, then you ****ing suck at history.

Sorry.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'll brush up on my cartoon history.

19. Buck Turgidson

Since you're oblivious enough to ask, I'd start with "Nazi propaganda cartoons" in google.

Then I would immediately close that window and move on to better endeavors.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You're a fool. What makes you think the ME will get better if we abandon Israel? Do you suggest we switch sides to the extremists that openly oppress their own people and turn a blind eye to the savagery that goes on over there?

You're free to have your anti-semitic views, however the reality is they are more progressive than most countries in the world. If half the world hated you for your nationality and wanted you wiped off the face of the earth, your views would be quite different.