1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congrats Patterson for career high

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

For example?

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Noah/Boozer
    Jefferson/Milsap
    Howard/Gasol
    Hibbert/West

3. Carl Herrera

Combined RPG for Starting C/PF/SF

Asik/Patterson/Parsons: 24.6

Jefferson/Millsap/Williams: 23.1
    Hibbert/West/P.George: 23.3
    Howard/Gasol/Metta: 25.2

With only PF/C

Asik/Patterson 17.6

Howard/Gasol: 19.6
    Jefferson/Millsap: 18.6
    Hibbert/West: 16.6

#43 Carl Herrera, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Noah/Boozer/Deng : 27

5. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

If he doesn't grab defensive boards at least he should use his big body effectively for box outs. I think we should put PPat's rebounding in perspective and look more on the team's ability to rebound as a whole.

Right now he's starting to fall in love with the spot up jumper which will also diminish his chances of grabbing offensive boards.

Well, developing that outside shot would still be positive since an opposing big man will be punished for collapsing the paint if PPat consistently nails it, and once the bigs respect his shot, that then opens up the floor.

6. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

can't lie. he is getting better, he just needs to rebound more.

7. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

He did really well. Good overall game for Patrick and the Rockets. I am happy with the starting line up. Asik is rebounding like a monster, Harden is his usual self, Patrick was great offensively, Lin finally started knocking down his shots and play good defense, and Parsons was his usual self also.

At first, I was really angry at Patrick Patterson because he kept leaving his feet when Bargnini was pump faking the ball. I mean, Bargnini kept ball faking and Patrick kept falling for it.

8. Arthurprescott2

"Don't jump, young blood" - Uncle Drew

9. Carl Herrera

And the Rockets are not far away from the Bulls in terms of total rebounding prowess.

On Offensive Rebound %: Rockets are ranked 10th overall while the Bulls are ranked 4th overall.

On Defensive Rebound %: Rockets are ranked 7th overall while the Bulls are ranked 10th overall.

10. Asian Sensation

Love/Ak47: 24.3 Loves are a bit skewed because he just came back but maybe not really cause he's a beast. Even if Love's drops a bit you add in Pekovic to that front court and you're Over 30 Combined RPG for Starting C/PF/SF

Varejao/Thompson: 22.7

Randolph/Gasol: 20.1

Point is Pat needs to step it up in this department. Rebounding is about desire and effort mostly with some skill and know how mixed in. You have to hustle and fight for great position but also be able to anticipate where the board may end up. With Pat's height and athleticism he should be grabbing at least 7.

11. Carl Herrera

1. The Minny number is very skewed. Love's absence for most of the season gave the rest of the guys a ton more rebound opportunities.

2. Cleveland is a very good rebounding team on both ends of the floor. However, they are also a crappy team on both ends of the floor (23rd in offensive efficiency, 28th in defensive efficiency). Goes to show that there is a lot more to hoops than rebounds (which we already know).

3. Patterson needs to improve on the boards, but having a beast rebounder next to you still tends to lower your rebound averages. For example, when Zach Randolph is putting up huge rebounding #s, Marc Gasol is only averaging 6.7 rebounds per 36 minutes (Pat averages 6.4 rebounds per 36 minutes). A part of the math definitely has to do with the fact that there are only so many loose balls out there to be grabbed each game.

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I think everybody forgets how young he is and that he wasnt one hundred percent last year.I think Lin isnt one hundred percent yet.We just need to give them more time before we start hating.Now i just need to follow my own advice the next time he only grabs four boards which will probably be tomorrow.Damn i started hatin that quick.

13. juicystream

Per 36min:

Jefferson/Milsap = 22.10
    Howard/Gasol = 19.60
    Hibbert/West = 19.10
    Boozer/Noah = 20.60
    Patterson/Asik = 17.60

1 person likes this.
  14. juicystream

9.8 TRB%

That is ugly no matter how you slice it, and he doesn't have any point to go back to and say he can rebound.

It is going to have an effect, but Patterson is a terrible rebounder.

15. Carl Herrera

He was a significantly better rebounder as a rookie-- not great, but the 8.3 rebounds per 36 minutes and 13.1% TRB he had in 2010-11 would comparable to the numbers put up by, for example LaMarcus Aldridge.

Patterson was also a more than decent rebounder as a sophmore in college, before the arrival of Calipari and Cousins took away a lot of his roles in the paint.

Also, if you want an example of someone who can increase his rebound rate even after several years of substandard rebounding, all you need to do is look at Carl Landry, who is having a good rebounding season.

16. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Pattrick Patterson: A lesser Aldridge

Where the haters (POH/JOF) at? :)

17. JD88

JD88 Member

Amazing huh? Silence.

18. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

he has been amazing if he keeps this up!! playing with a vengence and getting better on the boards too!

no reason he shouldnt keep up the rebounding aggressivness and the points will come.

19. bbjai

bbjai Member

I don't know what you guys are smoking but Love and Pekovic were doing over 20 rebounds last season together every game

I know because I had both on my fantasy team

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Who can we get for him right now?