1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congrats on a good season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, May 3, 2014.

1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

My heart sank when Lillard hit that 3. I told my wife we need to defend on the 3 and sure enough we leave their most clutch player open.

With that said, I've truly enjoyed watching our team this year. Harden is an offensive juggernaut. Howard is as advertised and I'm encouraged by how seemed improved his offensive repertoire in the play-offs. Parsons is solid and greatly improved his offensive game from last year. Bev is our junkyard dog, too bad he was sick/injured in this series, he's truly an inspiration player. TJones is a solid PF, but is not ideal. Great guy to rotate off the bench. Asik after his bout with booty ache played a critical role during the season and the play-offs. I'd love to keep him through his contract, unless we get an offer we can't refuse. Why didn't McFail play DMo in the series. I though he played really well against LA during the regular season. When both guys got in foul trouble tonight, I thought he'd throw him out to at least protect them for the third. Lin scares me every time he touches the ball. His dribbling into the lane and stopping drives me insane. I would love to see Morey find him a home somewhere out East. I think our kids TD, IC and RC have a chance, but need rotational minutes like DMo got this year to improve. We have to find a wing defender to guard 2/3s, a real PG and a PF (if we don't use DMo with TJ).

All-in-all, I yelled in frustration and screamed with joy this season. We shouldn't have lost this series, but maybe this loss with this talent will be the push we need to make the adjustments that will lead us to the championship we all crave.

2. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Not a good season. No progress made from last season.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Having D12 on our team and having him play so dominantly and hit decent pressure fts (even though he missed key ones tonite) is major PROGRESS from last year. Obviously, we did not get out of the first round. However, I still think we made progress over last year having D12 going forward and possibly being closer to not having McHale.

I expect the rockets to make nice additions/deletions before next year that will make us a much better and more disciplined team.

Please start with firing McHale.

I enjoyed watching every single game this yr on Comcast. I hope that BS is resolved so everyone can watch the games with their own cable provider

4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

We have a better team than last year, we got home court and lost to a worse team than we did last year in the same amount of games.

I love watching us too, but we should've have more games to watch. This season was a failure

5. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

it wasnt a good season

6. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Failure. McFail. Asik and Lin contracts. Everything sucks.

7. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I would've said good season as well if it wasn't for us losing because of the same mistakes that we made early in the season. We had no game adjustments, or late game defensive/offensive plays the whole year. If there wasn't any growth X's and O's wise ALL year then that's on coaching. The team's chemistry grew thoughout the year but coaching stayed complacent, and the playoffs exposes that.

8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I disagree. I've been watching the Rockets since the 70's. We've had some awful seasons. This team was a lot of fun to watch. We have the foundation of a great team. We have the best SG in the league and the best C. We have some exciting young players around them.

We're much better off than the year before last and then last year. Yes, anything short of a championship is disappointing and this series sucked because we should have one Game 1 and Game 4.

Sports is about entertaining fans. I was entertained this year. I love our team. We probably need a new coach and we also need some adjustments to several positions, but geez this was the first year all of these guys have been together. It takes time. I saw improvement throughout the year.

Not sure what was up with Coach's rotations in the play-offs, but he got out coached. Blazers have a solid team and they out-played us, but they also received some ridiculous help from bad calls.

I'm looking forward to what's next. Disappointed in not getting out of Round 1, but that's not going to deter me from saying this was a GOOD SEASON.

9. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Wasted a team full of talent. Hell no this wasn't a good season.

We were favored to win this series and had more than enough talent to compete for the WCF. It was another season squandered, which is a damn shame considering the amount of taken this team has.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Good regular season. We achieved our goal which was HCA. We got into the top 10 on offense and defense until Dwight and Bev got injured late in the season.

Very very very bad postseason. Worst scenario actually. POR's game plan took us out of the way we play, and we couldn't adjust fast enough. They learned to defend; we failed miserably.

Bev and Harden regressed. Lack of offensive go-to plays. Undisciplined defense.

So moving forward, we have more holes on the roster, and we know we need a new coach. Also do you think Melo will now sign with a 1st round exit team?