1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congrats Lakers on Becoming the New Dynasty!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dwhite, Jul 1, 2018.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm guessing you mean the tv show Dynasty. Next we'll be asking who shot LBJ.

malakas and BigShasta like this.
  2. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I hope they get Melo - it'll be fantastic

Lebron didn't go to LA to take down the Warriors - he went there because he wants a stake in the team when he retires and wants to be closer to family because he realises that with the salary cap as it is, the Warriors are near impossible to take down

3. whathappened

whathappened Member

This is the year to change the playoff format to 1-16. West is too stacked.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'd really hate to see how some of you handle real life. My goodness.

hakeem94, Pizza_Da_Hut and BMoney like this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

All of the Eastern Conference Teams must Happy LeBron is gone to the West. Kyle Lowry, Demarr Derizan, Kyrie Irving must be Celebrating with a Party

BigShasta likes this.
  6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

You are insane. Neither Caldwell-Pope or Lance Stephenson are major difference makers. If LeBron wanted to end the Warriors’ dynasty, he would’ve told Cleveland to trade him to Houston, or signed with Philadelphia, who has the assets to trade for Kawhi. Instead, he chose to hope the Lakers either trade for Kawhi now, or sign a different star player in the 2019 offseason.

7. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

LeBron is eyeing 2019/20 season when he is around 35. Seriously though, Lebron at that age...could he win one ring? I mean even with Kawhi plus the young group of players Lakers still won't beat GSW.

Their best bet is for the owner of GSW going cheap on Green and Klay in summer of 2019.
    I can only imagine that scenario if rockets beat them in 18/19 season.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Wow, I read the title and I thought it was purely sarcasm to grab the reader's attention as clickbait. Come in and you actually wrote a serious piece.

I'm bewildered.

seclusion and jevjnd like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Lake Reality Show.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never say never, maybe Lebron can lure a couple Worriers to the Fake Show.

11. malakas

malakas Member

The Lakers's roster is ready to star in Space Jam 2.

Lebron and the Looney Tools.

Zboy and pippendagimp like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I have a strange feeling @DreamShook will have another big source of schadenfreude this year

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw. I have no beef with Lebron he deserves 90% of the praise he gets. I don't get triggered by his success. I'm almost apathetic when he comes up short or fails. I'm generally just a spectator (a witness if you will) of the hype.

I would drink OKC tears with cinnamon and sugar from a heated mug for breakfast every morning for the rest of my life if I had the option though.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Forget Capela? Sure, we have him and the Lakers don't and with him and Beard and CP3 on the court at the same time the Rockets almost never lost the entire season and won the championship. LBJ loses to the Rockets, that's what he does and he is used to it. Kawhi is not going to the Lakers if not for gutting that team. Fake report had Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart, Deng, +2 1sts for Kawhi and Mills and the Spurs still turned it down. The Lakers aren't offering **** and the Spurs want to trade for Kyrie and will probably get him. Kawhi will not leave Boston if he goes there. There is too much money at stake for him and the chance to win. Kuzma can't play defense, Ball sucks, Randle probably is not staying and doesn't want to be there and they don't want him, Isaiah Thomas please, Ingram is decent. This team is not any better than the Cavs team LBJ just left and they will do alright in the West but they are going to get their asses kicked a lot. Might they be a 50 win team? Sure, but look at that backlog that barely made the playoffs by 1 game. Do you think the Nuggets are afraid to go play the Lakers and kick LBJ's ass? They didn't even make the playoffs and with the Jazz were one of hottest teams after the all-star break. There is Rockets and Warriors and then a logjam of Blazers, Pelicans, Jazz, Wolves, Spurs, Nuggets, Thunder, Clippers, and now Lakers with Mavericks, Suns, and Grizzlies getting better. Basically Kings are at the bottom with all of the talent moving out West in a nuclear arms race. All of those teams have incentive to get better and will so this just gets worse from here.

The better question to ask is in the future who is going there since no Kawhi. Cousins? No, Kyrie? No Thompson? Maybe, Donkey? No Butler? No, AD? No. Magic and the Lakers get by through luck of LA but with LBJ they are going to make some desperate bad mistakes like he did in Cleveland and Miami. We don't do this enough but he went to 8 straight Finals and lost 5 and came close to losing 7. He should have lost to the Thunder too but they were too young and Westbrook. LBJ is remarkable and amazing but even that is not enough. I don't see him changing after this decision, I see him being empowered in every way. Magic doesn't run that team, he does. If Pat Riley cannot control him, Magic sure as **** cannot. I personally think he didn't come here because he chose LA long ago for lifestyle but also because HE has to be the SOLE focus of attention. LeDiva won out and this is all about drama and ego for him. Wait until the Ball crap explodes. He could have won but this decision wasn't about that and as the pressure to succeed is less important to him his health and play will decline faster. He will try to get his son drafted there so he can play one season with him but may not last that long.

16. farhen

farhen Member

seriously? who in the right mind congratulate an enemy? a band wagoner that's who :cool:

17. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I predicttpred LeBron James will announce he has AIDS, but then later on we'll be like "Psych! I really didn't have AIDS!"

18. koby1868

koby1868 Member

@Clutch can we get all this lakers and Lebron crap moved?

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Feels all the better to take them down. We have to take down the Warriors.....what’s one more team?

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

This is facetious, I assume. If not, it's ignorant. The Lakers have no cap space left to lure Capela. Hell, the Rockets would love for him to sign there because they could then match a much smaller contract than they were expecting him to get.

As for the rest of that roster, I don't get this move at all for LeBron from a basketball standpoint. Paul George ain't coming. Kawhi is still not a Laker and may never be. And even if he does get traded there eventually, the price could be steep. The young players are all unproven and have never been to the postseason or even on a .500 ballclub. And LeBron is now in the same conference as the Warriors and Rockets.

This is a horrible move for his legacy. There's a very good chance a year from now that he'll have fewer rings than Curry, Thompson, Iggy, and Green and be tied with Durant.