1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congrats Danny Ferry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2012.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

btw all this is conditional that Dwight would be willing to extend his contract for ATL

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Exactly. With Dwight's Nets dream crushed and his close friend already on the Hawks roster, maybe he opens his mind to going there.

3. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Loved him in roxy music

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

They wouldn't have Horford if they trade for Dwight. They also likely have to include Teague.

Also, horford is not a budding star. He's a good young player that will make an occasional all star appearance. The Hawks more than held their own when he missed most of the lockout shortened season due to injury. They went 33-22 without him this season.

#44 DVauthrin, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

It could, it does definitely improve the Nets. To at least average instead of being pitiful.

If Deron goes back, Nets top 4 players is POTENTIALLY as good as Atlanta's top 4 from last year.
    Deron/JJ/Wallace/Lopez compared to Teague/JJ/Josh Smith/Horford.

It depends on Brook Lopez really. Deron is much better than Teague especially when he's motivated. He offsets Josh Smith over Wallace. Lopez should be better than Horford if he'd grab some boards.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL is this the same Ferry that did such a horrible job in Cleveland? Amazing work by Ferry in Atlanta. Maybe he learned his lesson, or maybe that Larry Hughes signing essentially killed all his ability to make moves so we didn't know how good he could be.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Ferry just won GM of the year after today.

8. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Hmmph....just GM for a few days and already treating his players like assets. How dare he :grin:

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

two things to point out...I said...if Howard leaves next offseason for nothing...ATL would have a really sick a$$ team. A healthy Horford...was key for the Hawks...Horford came way too late and was not in sync during the playoffs...Unless they are getting a PG in return, I doubt that they will lose Teague...they can offer Horford plus expiring deals plus picks...

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Losing Dwight to Atlanta in an attempt to make a big 3.5 in NJ featuring Johnson and Williams. Ironic.

I can picture Dwight in a Hawks uniform.

I would love to be the GM of the Hawks right now.

11. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

What doo doo? We don't really have any bad contracts. Scola I guess, but it's very manageable. We are lucky that we have a GM that doesn't sign stupid contracts in the first place.

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

If he can get rid of Smith, I'd be impressed.

The fact he got rid of two of the worst contracts in the league (Williams and JJ) without using the amnesty is impressive. I also giving him credit for realizing this team had reached it's ceiling and needed to be blown up before their assests expired and became useless.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No doubt.

DD

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Da fuq? He spent 7 years trying to get rid of Larry Hughes' contract FYI. Thanks for highlighting the one exception, as if every GM out there is Billy King who will make horrible trades just so he won't get fired.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm holding onto this one here.