1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congrats Danny Ferry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2012.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Horford for Howard

Howard
    Smith
    2013 Nets pick / McGrady
    Harris / 2013 Hawks pick
    Paul / Teague

Or if they wait for Dwight to become a FA.

Howard
    Horford / (2012 Nets pick)
    Smith / McGrady
    Shabazz Muhammed (2013 Hawks pick) / Harris
    Paul / Tegue

2. Vnilla_Gorilla

Danny Ferry:

Trades for a bunch of mediocre players in order to dump Joe Johnsons contract

Spent 7 years in Cleveland without giving LeBron a legit running mate.

Yep, he is definitely owning the league.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You can always swap junk for junk. Its if the other team feels the junk they receive is better than the junk they're sending.

Though not to say Joe Johnson is total junk. Through all the talk of his bloated salary and playoff disappearances, he's made 6 straight All Star games. Wrong side of 30 now, though.

There just arent any situations in the league unique as the Brooklyn situation. Its only every once in a while a team in the cellar will absorb that kind of money. It has to be a bad desparate team who also has a little cash on them, like the Knicks or Warriors. Or some "upstart" market like the Nets

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

i hope u jinxed it because i see something big like this happening in atlanta.

I hope williams bails on NJ to make them suffer for this.

Howard
    McAdoo
    Smith
    Jenkins
    Paul

5. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Why would Orlando trade Dwight within the division?

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Similar arguments made about Ray Allen, PP, and KG when they were put together. I get a feeling this Nets thing is going to work out.

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Ferry turned a sinking ship into an attractive situation within a few days.

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Let's say he IS traded to Houston, he can bolt to Atlanta at the end of the year and form super team part deuce.

And Horford would be the best player offered to Orlando.

#28 BEAT LA, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Chris Paul is a free agent at the same time as Howard. Also, they won't suck bad enough to get Shabazz Muhammad. Atlanta has to trade for Howard this year or else he's unlikely to be a Hawk. The team that trades for Howard now has an outstanding chance to get him to sign the extension.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Horford is so much more valuable as a piece for Orlando to build around...and ATL wouldnt hahve to trade much...

11. HPD

HPD Member

yea crime rate is sick too... ill stay here (houston)

12. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

To Brooklyn? No he can't. He'd have to take the midlevel exception or lower.

13. DVauthrin

While true, he's much more expensive than a package of cost controlled rookies (Lamb, Jones, White, Morris, Patterson, Parsons) and expiring contracts to match salary.

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I give him major props for coming in with a plan to dump all of that awful salary and then executing it... but now we have to see what he does with it.

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Whoops, I meant Atlanta.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

ATL has expiring contracts too...Horford plus expirings plus pick...still better than nothing for ORL...

Hennigan...has one more chance to dump the Dwight saga...

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My original notion was Howard will play out the string this coming season and consider the Hawks next summer because of their huge cap space. But in another thread, someone else suggested maybe the Hawks & Magic could deal now. I wouldn't rule it out completely.

18. DVauthrin

Horford has a 12 million dollar contract that runs for 3 or 4 more years. The Rockets rookies are significantly cheaper. Lowry is a great value contract, and him and Martin(or Scola) would be included to match Dwight's salary.

Ultimately, it comes down to if Orlando prefers Horford at 12 mil for the next few years, or multiple cost controlled rookies with much cheaper salaries.

19. DVauthrin

I wouldn't rule it out, but I don't think Hennigan is going to hold onto Howard. He's getting traded at some point this season. The Hawks would be a player in that discussion, as would the Rockets.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Its not about salary...its about getting back value...Sure Lowry is nice...but thats about it...

Horford is a legit star(similar level to Lemarcus Aldridge)...If the ORL GM doesnt try inquiring about this...Howard leaves for nothing...and guess what...

ATL would have a chance at keeping Howard, paying Josh much less and retaining him, Teague, and Horford...that is a sick team...