1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Confession To Clutch (1000 Votes On Poll)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Christopher, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Christopher

Christopher Member

Wow, its been a long time since Ive posted on the CC Boards. While I visit the site EVERY day, I just have not had time to post much.

Anyway this is my confession to Clutch.

When I first got the net a few years ago I come across the Clutchcity web site. It was the first site I bookmarked in my search for Rockets info. Anyway on the site was a poll, and the subject was something like "Should the Rockets trade Hakeem Olajuwon".

Being a massive Rockets fan and having little regard for the unwritten rules of the internet, I voted no.....1000 times.

It took a while, but I had to get my point across

Now I didnt think much of it. Untill about a year ago when I saw Clutch had written saying someone had actually voted 1000 times. I couldnt believe it, and now Im willing to put my hand up and say...I did it.

Dont think of it as something bad though, think of it as a sign of how big a Rockets fan I am.

Clutch, Im sorry, and keep up the terrific work on the site. It is without doubt the best team site of any sport on the net.

Regards
    Christopher

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

That was a crappy thing to do. But, usually you can only vote once. How did you vote 1000 times?

3. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Chris,

As a rabid Hakeem defender, I'll take responsibility for about 500 of those votes, I'm sure there's a couple others out there that would do the same. We need all the Hakeem-love we can get around here.

:D

4. Band Geek Mobster

Enjoy your stay in Hell...

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

LOL!. Im going to admit something too. It doesnt have to do with clutchcity.net. When NBATALK.com was up and running, they use to have polls. I would vote at least 500 times when they had any Rocket player on the voting choices. :)

BUT NEveR ON CLUTCHCITY.NET!!! hahahaha

6. Christopher

Christopher Member

It was a long time ago, most likley just after CC was started. I just kept pressing the button and and in the end every vote counted. It must have take about 30 minutes

As I said, I'd never thought of it again untill I saw Clutch bring it up. I knew straight away that he was talking about what I'd done. He said he had to change the poll that he used so it wouldnt happen again.

It was a silly think to do and I am very sorry for causing a problem for the best damn sports site on the net, but hey, it shows how big a Rockets fan I am :)

It good to see Im not the only person who has got on the nerves of a web editor because they love their Rockets :)

Christopher

7. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

So..... it was Christopher and DREAMer that cost us that great deal with Toronto. We could have had Jonathan Bender, right?!

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

ok , first of all you should have placed this thread in the Clutch Feedback , And second of all this would be another great addition to Vengence's 1000 signs Your a Rockets Fan (obessed) thread

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Christopher -- Thanks for the comments on the site and good to see you back posting... no problem on the poll flooding -- it just shows you were pretty hardcore about Hakeem staying. :) I needed to change the poll system way back when anyhow. As an FYI -- the poll system that has been in place for a few years stops multiple votes.

10. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I didn't actually vote 500 times. I voted once.

I meant I would take responsibility for 500 of Christopher's votes, in an attempt to lessen the humiliation of a fellow Hakeem supporter.

11. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Way to fight the system!