1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conan O'Brien announces microfracture surgery to stop NBC from moving his time slot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Will, Jan 12, 2010.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Arsenio Hall.

i think i won this one guys.

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

leno > conan .......>....... kimmel > fallon

Why not bring in a wild card.. Seinfeld? I've enjoyed his Comedians in Cars show. Think he'll make a great host, definitely have some good questions.
    Doubt he would do it though.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

That's how a rank them as well, with Leno not even worth mentioning...:eek:

..........[​IMG]..........

Yes, that's Betty White, I loved Carson, he was the best!

4. Pete the Cheat

If Fallon is considered average now that is truly a colossal improvement.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Conan checked out a long ass time ago. He's a shell. Bogged down by ****ty guests and a 2nd rate network. He only gets to interview his friends or TNT/TBS sitcom stars. Big celebs aren't wasting their time on TBS. If he ever gets back on a big network he'll be fine. Right now he's collecting checks and biding his time.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Wow, such hate for Fallon. His is the only show I will make an effort to watch because the skits/games are typically hilarious, the musical guests are typically ones I enjoy and, of course, the best house band in the business.

I watched the "Best Of" special a couple weeks ago and laughed so hard I watched it again the next night with my wife, who also found it hilarious.

7. GIGO

GIGO Member

So did I , and so were his supreme predecessors!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vsllJdWzzPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Benny w Carson @3:40

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x7PG5rDfnv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Paar

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1MewcnFl_6Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Allen w Zappa

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't really enjoy his show but he comes off genuine, likeable and humble unlike Leno, Kimmel and Letterman. Plus he puts the whole musical side of himself out there, something Conan can and does do privately - but never really casually in public like Fallon.

Has Conan ever hosted a SNL? Does NBC hate him too much to consider it?

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yes he has. IIRC, it was pretty funny. I distinctly remember a skit with the Boston couple (you're retahded. You ah!) and the one with congressional hearings with one-hit wonders where he played Right Said Fred (Tracy Morgan was Cameo..."Word up!").

10. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I've wondered if he'd take over for Letterman given the opportunity.

I'd love to see Craig Ferguson get the nod and move up the ladder, but I don't know if CBS would go for that. Plus Craig's antics just work at the later time slot. (Jeez, I feel like I was hearing the exact same statement about Conan 10 years ago)

I think Ferguson would slaughter Fallon though.
    Conan would as well, but he's got a nice payday and can sort of milk it these days. TBS is happy with the numbers, Conan is happy with the pay, although the product isn't nearly as good, IMO. There are times though when Coco is on his game (Breaking Bad episode). But with the lesser guests, he seems to check out just a bit.

How long until Leno comes back again?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I honestly didn't even know Craig Ferguson was still on TV. If you quizzed me and asked what year he went off air I would have guessed at least 5 years ago. But apparently he's still on. Crazy world.

I'd be curious to see what his ratings looked like.

12. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Conan is king in my book. Kimmel is good too. I don't know how Fallon scammed is way into his job. He is painfully awkward and not remotely funny.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Still pisses me off he's back on. The station that carries it in Austin put him on at 11 pm and pushed 30 Rock reruns to midnight. Makes me so mad...

14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I don't care what you clowns think. Conan is the absolute best. Triumph the Insult Comic Dog is the greatest comedy character in the history of history.

15. Victorious

Victorious Member

Conan got paid $40M by NBC to go do a show on cable. Sounds like he's still laughing to me.

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Laughing financially doesn't necessarily mean laughing victoriously.
    For some the money is enough to make them feel victorious while for others achieving success is more important than the money.
    No one in their right mind believes Conan on TBS is a success.

17. ferrari77

Seriously man? 30 Rock reruns? Why not just by the DVD set so you have it to watch at 11pm then?

Highly disagree re. Ferguson and Fallon. You underestimate Fallon's goofiness and sincerity as tools to win viewers.

Leno isn't coming back because unlike the Conan-NBC kerfuffle last time, this time Leno acknowledged that his time was up as his contract was out and he would have retired anyway in the coming year. I'm guessing the NBC execs are handling this transition better than they did the prior one.

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Honestly Fallon is way better than I expected him to be (or I remember those first shows being). I just wonder if he'll make the same mistake as Conan and try to change his how too much when moving to the Tonight Show.

19. ferrari77

THIS X a MILLION!

Absolute truth. The only relevant late night shows right now are the one's with the two Jimmy's. Whether you consider Ferguson to be better or Conan(if you're still in 2010), the only two that really factor with the viewers are the two that seem to make the best use of social media and have crafted a fantastic digital presence. Conan, Ferguson, and Letterman are irrelevant.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Dead serious. Mostly, I just hated having my schedule messed with.