1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Compare Rockets 17-win streak with Spurs 11-win streak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smartfish, Mar 7, 2008.

1. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Its not who we played or didnt play. Its the double standard of saying San Antonio's streak is more legit when they played 2 top teams(Cleveland and Dallas) while Houston played GSW, CLE, CLE, POR, DAL, NO, DEN.

2. dookiester

dookiester Member

its not about us thinking the rockets have been beating elite teams. its about the media finding it relevant somehow to point out the fact that we haven't been beating elite teams, when they don't bring up the same fact when discussing how teams like the spurs and the lakers are on a roll. whenever you hear talk about the spurs and their streak, its about how they always coast through the first half of the season, and their current winning streak is a mere reflection of their undeniable and incessant basketball perfection. for the lakers, the streak isn't explained by the fact that they've beaten weak teams, its because gasol gels perfectly and seamlessly. but when it comes to the rockets, the winning streak is just a function of a favorable turn in our schedule.

i don't mind the media downplaying the rockets' success, but its hard not to be annoyed by the lack of consistent logic.

3. killahflip

killahflip Contributing Member

I guess we can lock this thread now..Spurs streak is DONE. Thank you Denver!! :D

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our 17 game win streak doesn't make us a contender. It's how we play and how we look on the court. Right now it's good, but yeah, it's a fair criticism that we haven't been tested.

And that test won't come until the playoffs.

I mean, who cares what they say? What they say doesn't control our destiny. It won't make or break us. Why get worked up? Why worry if they think we had a soft schedule or not?

I mean, who gives a flop?

The playoffs are coming soon. And frankly, I'd rather be the underdog anyway. Do I think we will get a ring this year? Probably not. But hey, I'm watching no matter what.

5. 99bb

99bb Member

I like to be underdog. As long as we continue to win, who cares? :D

6. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Here's the only comparison that needs to be made between our streak and the Spurs' streak.

Ours is still going, there's isn't.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What Spurs streak?

:D

DD

8. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

now the media can STFU already about the Spurs and the Lakers streaks.

9. jlwee

jlwee Member

I bet now the media will concentrate on the Lakers' 3 games winning streak!