1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Comp Issue] Photoshop 7 not running

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Robert Snyder, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

All of a sudden this week on my work computer, Photoshop 7 has quit running.

The specs are:
    XP Prof.
    P4 3ghz
    512 MB RAM
    20 or 40 gb hd (i forget)
    Basic HP/Compaq video card

I have had some issues within the past week of my computer not being able to see network drives on separate servers. Basically, while using Photoshop or Outlook, Explorer times out while trying to get the drive. A few times when this happens Photoshop or Outlook crash and I may have to restart the computer because Explorer hangs up. On top of that, my PST file maxed out on Outlook earlier in the week and I have been having to delete a bunch of e-mails. This also caused Windows to crash some.

Now within the past 2 days when I try to do my normal graphics work on Photoshop the program will just randomally close. Usually it's whenever I try to open a file. Sometimes Explorer will crash and it says ntdll.dll is the offending file.

Today I uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled it, and that did no good. The problems are still occuring. I increased the size of my Virtual Page file from 756MB to 1512MB. No effect. The program crashes basically after start up and it's unusable.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

And 9 years and only 386 posts? You got to do better than that :)