1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Comics] The Death of Wolverine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Are you talking about Rachel Grey??? Or they actually brought back a younger 616 version of Jean. Cuz if you talking Rachel I don't count that. If Wolverine don't want to smash her it don't count bruh! Lol

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He's talking about Jean. (I know who Rachel is as well)

In other words, in current 616 there's an old and a young version of each running around except for Jean (she knows her counterpart is dead of course).
    Young Cyclops hates old Cyclops, who is more or less Magneto now. (He's Magneto's boss technically)

[​IMG]

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Oh yeah I know what ya'll are talking about now. I forgot about Beast brought the First Class squad to the present or something. I don't read the actual comics as much as I used to. I usually just catch up with what's going on throught Wikipedia, haha

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm a Marvel wikipedia junky as well but Marvel Universe online ($6.99/m) is incredible. I've read a bunch of comics like that one on there. They have a lot of good/new stuff. I went into a comic store to kill time today, and each issue of Guardians was $4.50. So I could buy 1 of those or pay for Universe and catch up on a lot of the issues I missed and a ton of other comics. No brainer. (I didn't buy anything)

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Hmm I've thought about doing the subscription comic thing myself. And since I have my iPad now it may be happening.

Do they give you the full selection of Marvel comics or is it just ones that have been out for awhile or the hottest and newest comics?

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They give you almost all of the old ones (or most that I've wanted to read so far), and a lot of the new. They're usually staggered, but all of Age of Ultron was up by December or so. That really shocked me since it just came out. A lot of the new Guardians of the Galaxy that I've been raving to everyone about is up. (The first 7 I believe)

I promise you, it's worth it. I read it on my PC, but more so on my Galaxy Note 3/Nexus 7 (I don't really use the nexus now that I have the note though) -- you will love it on an iPad. It's the reason for tablets being invented imo.

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I think you have convinced me. They don't do any type of referral program do they? I'll probably sign up in June regardless for some summer reading.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Doubt it, haha. Thank you though. My name is "sclsn" on there if you find something. I do apologize though, my mistake (or they raised the price more likely) it is saying it is $9.99/month now. It definitely used to be cheaper, but it's still worth it I think. (you may want to weigh it vs 2 print copies though if that is your thing) It looks like they're doing more/newer content to go along with it though.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

One thing I forgot to mention: You can go through their comic database at the link below. As for new stuff looks like all but 2 of the issues for Infinity (this past year's big crossover event) are up now.

Choose browse or look at the section I linked below. (my favorite) Note you can filter by Marvel universe, you can do this by Series/Character/Creators/Event or Crossover.

http://marvel.com/comics/events_crossovers

New releases (make sure Marvel Universe is selected) -- you can go back in time through their release calendar or see what is coming up.

http://marvel.com/comics/calendar/w...&orderBy=release_date+desc&limit=300&count=17

10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Sorry for my ignorance, it's been a long time since I've checked in on the X-Men comic universe, but what does 616 mean?

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No dumb questions (especially when it comes to convoluted **** like this), 616 (or Earth 616) is our, or the 'real' version of Earth.

They use this explanation because there's about 8,000,000 different versions of reality due to split dimensions, time travel, and all kinds of other junk in the Marvel universe.

12. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Ok that actually makes a little bit of sense and answers other questions I had about the different universes. :)

Not the least bit happy about the inevitable Wolverine reboot. :eek: Just leave him be.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did this ever happen?

Rocket River

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It isn't September 3rd...

15. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

Marvel has been advertising the prologue to the Death of Wolverine. It comes out this month in Wolverine #8-9 as "3 Months to Die"

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

If Wolverine doesn't die... how will he get to heaven?

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Totally agree with OP. There really is no point to this. I rather have Wolverine being a villain except that they did it before when he was one of the four horsemen (even made Sabertooth as a good guy at the time)...

The constants in perma death in the Marvel universe was Ben, Gwen and Bucky.

They brought back Bucky though, and sometimes Gwen pops up in alternate realities.

As for DC, I'm thinking Bruce Wayne's parents won't reappear in the canon. Whoever's a DC geek, wasn't Jor-El brought back at one point in time?

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Have they fixed the marvel unlimited where it stretches out to 1080p screens.

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

If Wolverine dies, does that mean some woman he loves will live for once?

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm betting that when he "dies", the storyline will end up being either A) the person that really died was his son, Daken, somehow getting into his Wolverine costume or B) he really dies and Daken takes his father's place....only to find out a few months after that there was a clone of him (technically a Weapon X clone) frozen all these years and he's going to be thawed out.