1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comic Book Movies Run Amock

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Apr 9, 2003.

1. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Too late:

[​IMG]

2. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't a big fan of Aparo's art - I prefered Neal Adams, Berni Wrightson, Brian Bolland and Dave Mazzucchelli's versions of Batman. There was also two artists I liked alot who did Batman in the 70s whose first names were Marshall and Terry. BTW, did you know that Mazzucchelli based his Bruce Wayne on Gregory Peck?

My choice for Batman would depend on how when the movie takes place. For example, Batman: Year One should have a early-to-mid 20s actor actor. Christian Bale could be pretty good actually, although I have a hard time determining whether he's a good actor or not (American Psycho was too much of a farce to tell if he has the necessary subtlety for Batman). Later stories could have an older actor.

I'll probably be lambasted for this, but I think Unbreakable is the best comic book movie (even if it wasn't a comic in the first place, it captured the tone of comics better than anything else).

I also thought the first Creepshow captured the tone of the old EC comics pretty well too.

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

IF a new Batman movie were made, I'd go with Brad Pitt as Batman...

4. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

::praying::
    please God, no.

Seriously, I can't stand Brad Pitt.

5. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

damn the no edit.

That's supposed to be "Praying."

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

There were really two Jim Aparo's. The one who did the early Brave and the Bold's drew a nearly definitive Batman; the one who did the regular Batman series and later B&B's seemed lazy or something. The earlier work is almost a cross between Aparo and Neal Adams, who, by the way, is of course the king. The others you mentioned are awesome as well. If only Bolland wasn't so slow.

The other guys you mentioned are Marshall Rogers (pencils) and Terry Austin (inks). They did some amazing stuff in the 70s.

7. Fatty FatBastard

Didn't know there was going to be a "Ghost Rider" movie.

This was the best comic ever! You have to have read it when it originally came out in the 80's, though. The 90's rendition blows ass.

I'm still waiting for a speed racer movie DAMN YOU CHIM CHIM! OOOOOOOOOOOh AAAAAAAAAAh!

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

It's been in the works, Kiefer Sutherland was once mentioned as a possible J. Blaze. It's official now with Nic Cage and the guy who directed Daredevil at the helm.