1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comic Book Movies Run Amock

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I meant "The Dark Knight Strikes Again." My bad.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

ok, i gotta ask -- have any of you singing superman 2's praises actually seen the movie lately? when i was a kid, i loved it to death. but it's on HBO often and it's downright unwatchable to me now. the final battle sequence is so horribly and improbably choreographed, a small part of me dies every time i sit through it. luthor's a buffon; lane's grating to the point of wanting to root against her and the big villian, who grunts... i've seen bowel movements the day after a night at el patio that were funnier. and the scene where the guy stays on the phone after it's blown over and down the street... words do it no justice.

excruciating. absolutely excruciating. i'd rank it just above batman 4 -- the one with clooney, and i will not debate this. it's awful.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Superman 2 has one redeeming line: "Planet Houston." That's all you need to watch it over and over again.

4. Playercentral

Playercentral Member

Was this the comic when the monkey and some twins with pointy ears dressed up in superhero costumes?:D

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

There also in talks to make a Dr. Strange movie.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

ric, I concur completely.

I remember when I first got HBO a few years ago and was so pumped because Superman II was on that very night.

I hadn't cried myself to sleep in a long time.

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

"Mage" would be a fantastic movie. I think a long time ago they were talking about it but it kinda faded away.

8. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Anyone else think that anyone named "Aqualad" has got to be the lamest dude on earth? Whats his damn power, the ability to b**** about his parents on the phone to a freaking tuna?:rolleyes:

9. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I believe that would be the wonder twins of the Justice League. The monkeys name was Gleek.

[​IMG]

10. Oski2005

On Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block, they have little short clips that make fun of the Wonder Twins. 2 of my favorite episodes is one, where the male twin is saying the "form of" line, but then he see's something and yells out "crap!" He then transforms into a bucket of ****.

The other is an episode where the Twins are called in to save a teenager from a bear. They go into a cave and the female twin turns into a giant beaver or a mole or something, and she digs a ditch around the teenager. The male twin turns into water and fills the ditch, creating a moat. The bear just steps over the moat and eats the teenager. At the end, they do a parody of Jaws where the dead kid's mother walks up dressed in black and slaps them. She says something like "Why didn't you turn into a dinosaur or a bigger bear and save my son?"

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

The Wonder Twins were on the Superfriends cartoon (and later in the Superfriends comic). They've never been in Justice League. If you wanna see something extra hilarious, go to www.seanbaby.com and click on the Superfriends page.

p.s. Oski: Yes, I read Dark Knight 2. It was horrible.

12. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Damn Oski we can't seem to agree on anything. Keep the comix coming. I love the big screen adaptations. They bring me back...

13. Oski2005

Not exactly. I love comic book movies, I just don't want to see stuff like Teen Titans though. I thought some more about the Ghost Rider movie, and though I think Nick Cage is a bit too old, it still ought to be cool if they do it right. Really, my only beef is with Teen Titans.

I'd like to see a sequel to Spawn, that would be cool. Another comic from that same company I would like to see is Gen 13, I never really read it, but the cover art always had these 3 smoking hot chicks who's uniforms conviniently get torn off during each issue;)

14. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

And one of 'em's a lesbian! :D

15. Oski2005

Mmmmmmmm, lesbian, aaaahhhhggggg. . .

16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Wasn't there some obscure Iron Man movie made in the 80s or early 90s?

17. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

18. Oski2005

Speaking of Batman and Superman, who do you guys think should play them in their respective movies?

I had read Josh Hartnett for Superman, but he doesn't want to do it. I honestly can't think of anybody for this part, my only suggestion is to not let that dude from Smallville do it.

As for Batman, I've heard people suggest Christian Bale and I think that has promise. Did anybody see Reign of Fire? The dude was ripped in that movie. He'd be the first Batman to actually be in shape if he did it.

19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

My pick for Batman would be Clint Eastwood in like the 70s. Too old now obviously. But he looks exactly like Jim Aparo used to draw Batman and the attitude is perfect.

Just realized the rumored writer on this Titans movie is the writer from the Batman and Robin movie. That's pretty bad news.

If any of you had read the Marv Wolfman/George Perez Titans in the 80s you wouldn't be dissing them though. It was one of top two selling (and critically acclaimed) comics then and it deserved it. But Akiva Goldsmith? No thanks.

The FF movie you mentioned was an incredibly low budget laugher by B-Movie king Roger Corman. There's a full budget one in development. Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan have been rumored for Mr. F and Invisible Girl.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I hear SNL is trying to make this into a movie.

-----------------

I had "The Dark Knight Returns" comic series back in the day and it was pretty good from what I remember. It was based around both Batman and Superman being old so I don't think that the movie will follow it. My favorite part was when Batman was beating the crap out of Superman.

"You're beginning to get the idea, Clark. This is the end, for both of us. We could have changed the world, now, look at us; I've become a political liability, and you, you're a joke." And as Batman really starts slugging him, he says, "I want you to remember, Clark... in all the years to come... in your most private moments... I want you to remember my hand at your throat... I want you to remember the one man who beat you..."

http://www.darkknight.ca/storylines/tdkr.html