1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comey Fired

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, May 9, 2017.

?

Do you agree with the firing?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  3. Yes but only after the Russian investigation

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Since you are just trolling, have a good day.

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

The tape when Trump gave Comey the Clinton email clues.

3. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

The good old fashioned ad hominem. Last resort of losers.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yes, because real discussion is obviously beyond your comprehension.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

Man 45 has made the office look so bad how can people who voted for him like themselves or trust anything he does he has outright threaten Comey.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

recordings of our government officials are a good thing for transparency

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It is very simple: because liberals. They/we are the enemy to a lot of Trump voters and all liberals are out to get their guy. They aren't looking at him objectively. He's just their guy. It's like a sports fan. I still loved Hakeem after he cold-cocked the Whopper. But he shouldn't have cold-cocked the Whopper. If I'd been watching that as a fan of some other team, I would have said, "what a dick move! how can anyone support a player like that!"

More on topic, the reporting looks pretty convincing now. Trump decided to fire Comey after Comey's testimony and b/c he didn't feel he could trust Comey completely. Period. That doesn't make Trump dirty, or guilty of anything other than being Trump, which means being a man who has a child-like sensitivity to criticism and a child-like hunger for positive attention. That could really be all this is.

In the end, I think we'll learn that one or two people are dirty with the Russian meddling efforts. I would bet dollars to donuts Trump didn't know and the Americans involved kept it that way to protect him. I do think a lot of liberals (Hatch will be president!1!! or whatever) are getting too carried away.

We have to figure this all out, but it won't take Trump down. I think he'll get so unpopular that a greater number of GOP senators will turn on him and less gets done by Congress overall, and that's better than them getting a lot done.

Hey Now! likes this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

@RocketsLegend , can you add a poll to this thread to gauge whether our Clutchfan Compadres agreed or disagreed with this firing?

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Haven't we had enough of Russians collecting data on Americans already? :D

Astrodome likes this.
  11. edwardc

edwardc Member

I see your point but that still doesn't excuse his acting like he owns the country.

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Nepotism.

13. Buck Turgidson

Goddam it, I can't remember the last time I had a chili-cheese dog.

14. NewRoxFan

Wait, what, this president?

[​IMG]

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

My guess... he likely has tape of Comey confirming that Trump is not under investigation since Trump seems to believe that - and that alone - exonerates him. It is the mark of a shallow, uneducated buffoon. See? He said I wasn't under investigation: case closed.

16. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Looks to me you have the problem here.

17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Yes, the president threatening to release tapes on someone whom he met in private bodes well for future private conversations he'll have with U.S. officials and foreign leaders.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Trump is such a sleaze. It's embarrassing.

19. NewRoxFan

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do I think Trump conspired with Russia to manipulate the U.S. vote through the release of Clinton emails? I think someone in his campaign did. But whether he was involved is not known. I would think not if it weren't for all his pro-Russia comments and business dealings. Still that doesn't mean he was involved in the wikileaks stuff.

That said, I do think he is now aware that people in his campaign did work with Russia, and he may be trying to cover it up. What did Nixon in wasn't that he was behind watergate, it was that he tried to cover it up. And that seems well within scope of what Trump would do.

Was that the reason he fired Comey? Possibly. At the start of his presidency he may not have seen Comey as a threat since he may not have been aware of the full extent of his campaigns interactions with Russia. But after the testimony - that might have changed given the situation he was in, and the opportunity that presented itself with news that Comey was inaccurate in his comments about Clinton. It could have also been that Trump just didn't like Comey not being loyal - whatever that means.

Either way - what's clear is that Comey's firing has nothing to do with his job performance.