1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast Xfinity vs. ATT U-Verse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by i_win_biatches, Jun 15, 2012.

Tags:
?

Which service is better?

1. Xfinity

21 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. U-Verse

51 vote(s)
    70.8%
  1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

no problem with 100mb extreme tier on Comcast here... outside of me having to get a new docsis 3 modem.. everything is smooth for me. I even saved money and cancelled all my DVR boxes and went with a Ceton Infinitv4, a bunch of xbox 360's and about 22tb of storage. Can't say anything about u-verse but someone tried to sell me the service door to door a while back.. I laughed in his face.. then explained the setup... then he said, "yeah we probably won't be able to help you out" lol

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

First time I don't have to come into a thread to speak about how good U-verse is. :grin:
    That's what SHE said. :eek:

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

oh you're one of those people.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Do you have a data cap?

Comcast is wayyyy faster than uverse.

5. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

When u guys r talking about Xfinity are you including Xfinity Blast? I just ordered that after reading this thread. The service is over $130/month including phone and cable. Am i being ripped off?
    My priorities are
    1. Internet Speed
    2. Picture Quality
    3. Price

6. magnetik

If I do.. I dont' know about it... I've downloaded triple the current allotment and nothing slowed down and no men in black showed up at my door. Might be different being on business class though since we do pay a bit more.

7. Damion Laverne

Comcast showed up to fix my internet (which had been inoperative the past few days) on Friday. Not only did the technician show up 15 minutes PAST the scheduled 2-hour window, he fell through the attic while trying to fix it, causing a hole in my ceiling! The internet's fixed, but I'm not happy about the hole.

8. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Lmao. I was given a 4 hour window and he showed up 15 minutes late with attitude. The cable then went out shortly after he left. I called and scheduled for another technician to fix the cable he was 1.5 hours late. My internet is fast at least.

9. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

How much do you pay for that and how do i get that? Do you have to be a business or can i just call and request it? They told me Blast was the fastest when i signed up... Bastards.

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I want to drop U-verse TV for satellite (but keep the Internet). Should I go DirecTV or Dish? I'm leaning DirecTV but I'm concerned about not being able to get NFL RedZone without paying for Sunday Ticket.

1 person likes this.
  11. magnetik

no we just called up and asked for the 50mb extreme tier and upgraded to it. (this was before upgrading to the 100mb tier) I think another advantage of business class is that there doesn't appear to be any throttling happening. I've doubled the normal monthly comcast cap in 5 days and never had issues with speed. I figure they know if they you are going to one of their extreme tiers and then you will be using up more bandwidth than the avg user. (others may have different experiences with throttling)

#51 magnetik, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  12. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

The Comcast technician came to my uncles place about 20-30min late after a 2 hour window and offered to set up wifi throughout the apartment for free when he said it's normally a $50 charge. In return, he said not to tell Comcast that he was late. What do you guys think should my uncle should do? Leave it alone or still report he was late? He made my uncle initial by the wifi part on the contract and put $0 for the charge.

13. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

I thnk they normally "set-up" wifi for free(unless you didnt order internet and he's giving you free internet. In that case, keep your mouth shut). Anyway all you have to do is look at the password on the modem to "set-up" wifi.

If you call Comcast and let the dispatcher know the tech was late then you will at least get a $20 discount.

Wife balked at the $200 price tag for 100mb tier. Maybe I can talk her into 50mb tier...

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I have had sunday ticket for free for 2 years now (got it last year free, and just now for the 2012 season). Apparently it's free if you move they set it up. :)

Not sure about new comers. Although, you can save $100 if you use me as a referral. :p

15. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

After trying Verizon FiOs in Dallas, all other internet sucks :/

My Verizon 4g LTE Mifi is faster than the Comcast service I get at home. And definitely better than the alternate option of suckiness that is Windstream.

16. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

I get about 32mbps and 16mbps on wifi with my current Comcast. It's fast enough I guess but I want the business class... 100mbps or the 105...

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

There's a promotion for the 100mb tier for $105 a month + taxes and fees for 12 months. I got it about almost a year and a half ago. I cancelled it just recently after trying to cut costs but if you ask me the promotion is well worth it when you compare it their other tiers' prices.

[​IMG]

#57 ItsMyFault, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  18. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I'll be honest, I've been having problems with my uverse and they have been over 2 times in the past 2 days, and no clue what's causing it. I may be switching soon.

TV and Internet gets dropped once or twice an hour.

19. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll just ask here.

We have Comcast internet. Recently, it would start going off at random times. To get it to work again, I would have to press the little reset button on the back of the router. I started noticing a trend though. Whenever I would start watching a video, no matter where it was, it would go out. And today, as I'm going through CF, it even does it due to a gif.

I'm suspicious that this is happening because I used to download some torrents, but I'm not 100%. Does anyone have a solution to this? I thought of IP blockers, but I'm not very familiar with that. With school back up, I've got some online lectures I need not worry about streaming. (Yes, stop downloading torrents. I have already.)

Rep to anyone that can help.