1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast Xfinity vs. ATT U-Verse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by i_win_biatches, Jun 15, 2012.

Tags:
?

Which service is better?

1. Xfinity

21 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. U-Verse

51 vote(s)
    70.8%
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you only consider speed. I had internet outages with Comcast that drove me crazy. Every 2-3 weeks sometimes and they lasted up to 3-4 hours.

2. Granville

Granville Member

If you have an iPhone or iPad, U Verse has an app that turns your device in to a remote control. That's pretty cool.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

anybody who recommends uverse at all does not know what he is talking about/doesn't own an hdtv/doesn't care about picture quality.

Uverse picture quality SUCKS, their high def is horrible, picture is compressed as hell.

I wouldn't even say uverse offers hd service because it is 100 percent crap.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I haven't had cable tv in two years (all streaming), how does that happen, exactly?

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm getting 25 down and 5 up.
    I might complain about how horrible Comcast is... but unless anyone else matches those speeds I can't change. :(

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Mine was fine.

possibly someone was in ur house, stealin ur internets

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I have a large TV and UVerse looks way less compressed than Comcast.

8. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. I had Uverse in Austin for about 6 months and the compression was obvious on my 50" plasma. I compared UVerse HD and OTA broadcasts during football season and the OTA broadcasts looked so much better that I never bothered using the DVR feature anymore, even though I loved it.

However, my friend has a 63" and 50" on cable and it doesn't look much better. Supposedly satellite has the best HD quality, but I don't know anyone that has DirecTV or Dish anymore.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This pretty much applies to me. I've noticed the difference when I watch my other tv by OTA, but it really doesn't matter to me. I vow for Uverse because I've actually gotten quality service from them and decent customer service. Comcast, on the other hand, has the absolute worst service of any company I've ever done business with. They lie to you, they are late to multiple appointments, they believe you own equipment that was never given to you, their internet service was always on and off and worst of all they don't attempt to help you, ever.

I couldn't get dish at my house due to the trees in my area, so Uverse was the next best thing.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Direct TV has had the best HD I've ever had. Never had Comcast. Have had suddenlink and saw uverse. Att compression looked really bad.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I hate Comcast.

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I don't know if it's related but my comcast internet went down during the 9th round of the pacquiao fight and didn't comeback until the next morning, the comcast rep I talked to that night swore my internet was showing as good and just said all he could do is send a tech out. I said screw that and then my internet came back up the next morning. Brutha can't even watch a streamed PPV in peace these days...

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

No doubt U-Verse... but they're both garbage. I'm ready for full fiber optics with at least a 100 mb connection. Google Fiber network plz.

14. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Comcast sucks.. had uverse for one month was awesome.... Found out that the place I was staying included cable it was Comcast, switched back... Very lame...

I have now moved, they don't offer uverse were I live...

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Have/had all three.

It's a pissy way for a national company to do business that you don't just offer the lowest price to all customers. You have to call, and get transferred around, stay on hold, and threaten to cancel and then you get someone who will lower your rate for 6 months and then you have to do it again.

My Comcast internet has been solid for the couple of years since our neighborhood upgrade. rock solid.

Uverse's picture does suck, but the rate for multi-room DVR service is better when you have the introductory deal, the same or worse when you you lose it. For those of us that are hearing impaired, it takes 21 clicks on the remote to turn on or off the closed caption...21. I need words for dialog but it's in the way for sports.

Direct TV has by far and away the best picture, the CC is 2 steps, but it takes too long to tune in different stations for channel surfing.

So this week, I really really tried to cancel my Uverse, but apparently you can't. They just don't have a procedure for it. No one I talked to on 'chat' or on the phone for 45 minutes could give me the procedure to ship back in the DVR and Wifi. forreals.

16. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I'll get Uverse once it is available in my area.

Comcast lost me as soon as they upgraded to xfinity. All I've noticed is they got rid of PIP which is really missed during football season....

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Had them all over the years. The best quality/speed combo you can get is DirecTV for TV and Comcast for internet. When i moved last year sattelite wasnt an option at the new place, so i switched to Uverse. Its a step down on both areas, but overall ive been happy with the service.

18. KrayzeFoO

KrayzeFoO Member

I've had both Xfinity and Uverse (on uverse now).

Overall I suppose I like uverse better, but Xfinity had its advantages. Quick summary below.

Picture Quality for cable: Comcast. Maybe it is just my case, but I noticed a visual difference with picture quality when I went from comcast to uverse. Especially noticeable on sports. Comcast had less pixelation.

Customer Service: Wash. I did have some down time with comcast, but with uverse, I hate their billing system. They can't seem to keep their **** straight and change my service without speaking to me, which raises my rate and I have to call in and b**** at them to correct it.

Price/Value: Uverse. Currently with promos, I get way more channels and internet speed for the same price I was paying with comcast. I haven't had to deal with retentions yet, but I'm pretty sure I will be able to haggle something comparable to what I have now.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I care most about internet speed, so it's Xfinity for me. I can go without cable, but I can't go without the highest-possible-speed internetz.

Also, even if I did go for the cable, I would still get Xfinity for the reason metioned above: picture quality. Over the years I've just become accustomed to horrid customer service, so that doesn't really bother me anymore.

Anyways, you guys are lucky. I just moved into a townhome where cable was included. I just assumed it was Uverse or Comcast, but no, it's some garbage called WaveVision (formerly TV Max). I will get no Rockets or Astros games, the picture goes out every 10-15 minutes, and they offer no DVR system.

20. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

fyi - been on a month freebie for hbo/cinemax. just ran out - called up uverse and they immediatlely gave me 3 more free mos.

Uverse - FTW