1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Maybe so, but I, for one, am not holding my breath. If there are folks in the Houston area that can't get the games, then I certainly don't expect to do so up here in the Dallas area. Normally, I'd expect these games to be on League Pass but it looks as if they'd be blacked out there as well so I'm certainly not shelling out $180 until I'm sure that I can see all of their games. It's like the early days of the MLB package when the Astros games were blacked out because they were considered to be a local team here in Dallas.

2. Summer Song Giver

So I was able to view the game as a uverse customer last night via alternative means and I was just wondering, if there was affiliation between NBC and CSN or if CSN just straight jacked the NBC peacock as it's logo.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Comcast bought NBC last year.

4. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

I currently have Direct TV and NBA League Pass, the games are not showing yet. However, they did show the Minnesota game. I think it's a similar situation with the Lakers, as TWC has exclusive rights to them and are still negotiating. CSNW (Home of the Blazers) wasn't shown either on NBA League Pass, but it's still pre-season so I'm hoping things will change once it starts to count.

5. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

Les need gain all money he could get.

Do you think will be cheap renew with Jones, Lamb, Machado, White and DMo?

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That's just offensive.

"Click here and let us USE you to extort more money from your TV provider"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2 people like this.
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Exactly.

8. rocket farm

rocket farm Member

True that most people here are die hard rockets fans. That's why it's such a shame that the Rockets are using us hardcore fans as pawns in this whole situation.

The Rockets have some nerve to think that they're in a position with some leverage because they are NOT. The longer this lasts, the less fans they will have when it's finally over

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Plus 10

10. Cannonball

I watched a stream of the game last night. The auto-fellacio the talking heads were performing last night regarding CSN was highly annoying.

11. hunter399

hunter399 Member

12. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

I'm so flucking pissed. Went through this for a year because of the LHN... Now I can't even watch my precious Rockets?!? I just switched to AT&T not too long ago too, so might as well be patient.

13. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

As my boy Eric Winston would say, " It's Sickening"

14. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

15. MONON

MONON Member

I wasn't able to watch the game last night. However, I did watch the TJ clips & it was indeed annoying in that 4 minute clip.:mad: I can only imagine what 2 hours of that did to one's constitution.:eek:

16. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Yeah, whoever the shill was for Comcast sputtered out a bunch of bull**** about coverage.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I hope this comes to a resolution soon. The channel is pretty damn good. Monday night, after the Texans game, they had interviews with coaches and players outside the locker room. You can't get that anywhere else. I didn't recall FSN doing that.

1 person likes this.
  18. Cannonball

LOL. I like how every "quote" scrolling across the top of the page threatens to switch providers.

I filled out the form, here's what I wrote.

[rquoter]Dear Uverse, while I'd like to receive CSN Houston, don't let them use gullible Rockets fans as pawns to strengthen their position. Most Rockets fans are on your side. See link: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=227181

I'd like the channel but I'm never ever switching back to Comcast.[/rquoter]

I wouldn't be surprised if they scren the messages and don't forward critical ones.

19. Merla08

Merla08 Member

I did a search of upcoming shows for Houston Rockets on AT&T uverse and 1755 which is FSN Houston is gonna broadcast a few of their preseason games. It shows the Dallas game and a few others.

1 person likes this.
  20. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

It's pretty funny that I actually signed on to get dish network to watch the Rockets play during the regular season. Now I'll have to watch it online or something. If Dish doesn't add this channel I'll definitely be annoyed enough not to sign on to either Dish/cable when it comes down to resign.

Biggest reason why I didn't get Comcast in the first place was because apparently my specific address isn't offered for their services but I can visually see two cable ground pillars (where you can plug into the cable lines directly) in my back yard. I even called them complaining about that fact and it took them nearly 2 weeks to even get back to me on it. Screw Comcast, thanks.

Signed dedicated Rockets fan.

#120 c1utchfan925, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012