1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. Convictedstupid

If no major providers have gotten the channel yet, I would think it's because Comcast is asking for too much money.

So comcast.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Rockets and Astros are to blame. Definitely not the Texans.

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Not an additional channel. It's included

4. plates300

plates300 Member

everyone lol. Why can't they be like the Texans and just show it on the local channels instead of cable? I've called my cable provider and they said they have no intention of carrying it, to which I responded that I will soon cancel subscription.

5. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Comcast is always a b**** to deal with. They took 2 years to finally get the mtn. (Mountain West Sports Network) on DirecTV and never got it into cable markets in Texas including Fort Worth when TCU was still in the conference.

Settle in for the long haul. This fight may take a while.

I recommend calling to b**** at DirecTV if you have them if it isn't on by tipoff of the regular season. They will give you a bunch of credits for your problem.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I blame the Rockets and Astros. It's a straight money grab and I hope it blows up in their faces.

7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Dude, it's already included. You even quoted the channel numbers it's on.

Even if it WAS for some reason a paid channel, you wouldn't get charged for attempting to tune to that channel

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

IB4 the "it's T-Mac's fault"

9. nickg

nickg Member

Rockets/Comcast. So it looks like I'm not watching the games anytime soon. And if I can't get them on my own ****ing tv, I don't feel very motivated to watch them in person. I

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The Texans play no part in what channels they play on. That's all done through the NFL. All AFC away games are on CBS. All NFC away games are on FOX. All Sunday night games are on NBC. All Monday night games are on ESPN. All Thursday night games are on NFL Network. All cable games are show locally for the participating teams. That's just the way it's set up. The individual teams are not involved.

MLB and NBA teams set up their own individual deals and they're going to do whatever they think will make them the most money.

11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Damn Longhorn Network!!!..wait.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

100% agreed.

I'm shocked at the poll results so far (12-0-7). Seems like people have a good grip on what's probably happening.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The astros and rockets both suck right now. No point in trying to get money right now. You will just dwindle what fan bases you have. When they are good they can try to get more money.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's why not only am I not switching to Comcast, I'm also not calling UVerse demanding the channel and threatening to switch providers. Screw Comcast and shame on the Rockets for starting a channel they weren't prepared to make available to a big chunk of their audience.

PS - Somebody needs to forward all these threads to the Rockets and CSN Houston.

16. AXG

AXG Member

So if we don't already have Comcast, our options are either a.) have the cable providers cave in and have us pay a higher rate than for Fox Sports or b.) cave in ourselves and switch to Crapcast.

I think the best option is to simply boycott. Once they see demand and interest is waning, they'll have to lower their rates. Until then, there's always streaming...;)

17. meekg

meekg Member

So....where is this streaming? I just wanna watch my Rockets and not have to switch over to Comcast. Hated my experience with them when I had them.

18. conquistador#11

couldn't they just wipeout the alternative methods of viewing the game if we tell them we'll find other ways of watching? We should just keep those alternative methods to ourselves.

19. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Does this mean we won't be able to find a stream of the game today?

20. meekg

meekg Member

Ok, I think I found a website for streaming. Not sure that I can post it up here, and not even sure it'll work at all, but it's something.