1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Thanks. Done.

2. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

what?? those asshxles, showing baseball games during baseball season..

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

no schit sherlock, doesn't change the fact it's showing a crappy product on an otherwise good channel. It's like running infomercials 24/7 on HBO.

The Rockets really need to break off from the Disastros, latter will bring former down with them.

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

It's been nearly 8 months... still need 9,000+ :confused:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/...ote-more-unrest-among-partners-attorney-says/

CSN Houston bankruptcy case could promote more unrest among partners, attorney says

Saturday, September 28, 2013

The involuntary bankruptcy petition that several creditors filed Friday against Comcast SportsNet Houston sets up a “quasi-bankruptcy” procedure that could consume weeks or even months before a federal judge and the company’s owners determine if the case will move to a full-blown Chapter 11 proceeding, an attorney who specializes in bankruptcy cases said Saturday.

Jeffrey Erler with the Dallas law firm of Gruber Hurst Johansen Hail Shank said involuntary bankruptcy proceedings are relatively rare. He said several meetings among lawyers and company officials are likely in coming weeks, and there could be a full-blown trial to determine whether the involuntary petition should be converted to a Chapter 11 proceeding.

If the case becomes a voluntary Chapter 11 proceeding, it could require 60 to 90 days for the company to emerge from bankruptcy, Erler said.

Several affiliates of Comcast/NBC Universal who are seeking to force CSN Houston into bankruptcy asked U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Marvin Isgur on Saturday to appoint an interim trustee to overseen network operations while the court decides whether the case will move to full Chapter 11 status.

Erler said that request was not a surprise, given the divisions among the three network partners – the Astros, Rockets and Comcast/NBC Universal.

He said the trustee, if appointed by the court, would have the authority to run the company and make daily business decisions, including, potentially, the power to negotiate carriage deals with such providers as DirecTV, Dish Network and AT&T U-verse that do not carry CSN Houston. The trustee also could ask the judge to approve such agreements “if the trustee thinks it is in the best interest” of the company.

Such a request to the judge, Erler said, could be opposed by any party to the case, including one of the partners.

The Astros, who apparently have been at odds with CSN Houston management over carriage deals, have described the involuntary bankruptcy filing as improper, and Erler said the team could fight the request by objecting to the petitioning creditors who sought the declaration — National Digital Television Center of Centennial, Colo.; Comcast Sports Management Services LLC; Comcast SportsNet California; and Houston SportsNet Finance, based in Philadelphia, which has a $100 million loan to the partnership.

“I would expect some dispute because you have partners (in CSN Houston) serving as petitioning creditors,” he said. “It complicates matters because when you’re looking for consensus as to whether the company should be in bankruptcy, it’s hard to get that.

“The same problems that led them to this point don’t go away with the involuntary bankruptcy filing, and in some ways they are escalated.”

While the Astros said they object to the involuntary bankruptcy filing, they also complained that CSN Houston has not paid them their required rights fees for the last three months. That could complicate matters, Erler said, if the Astros want to fight to keep the company out of bankruptcy, which could result in a reorganization plan that could hamper their right to block distribution deals they feel are inadequate.

“That puts the Astros in the uncomfortable position of how do you argue that the company is paying its debts when you’re the party that alleges you’re not being paid?” Erler said. “You’re sort of giving credence to one of the key elements to the involuntary petition.”

Erler said if the company goes into full Chapter 11 mode, it could be restructured in a fashion that one party – the Astros, Rockets or Comcast/NBC – will no longer have the right to block a decision. As now configured, all decisions made by the four-member board must be unanimous.

“By using the involuntary strategy, you can get yourself a structure that allows you to reconfigure ownership, and hopefully in reconfiguring you can do that in a way where you won’t be hindered by the inability to get consensus to do what you want to do,” he said.

6. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

It really does sound like all of the parties are trying to get a deal done but the Astros are standing in the way. With only a month to go before the season starts, I don't like the chances of me seeing them play opening night.

7. DerrikMo

DerrikMo Member

Really????? Has NO ONE posted to this thread since 09/29/2013?

8. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

I used a VPN service that people recommended then launch NBA LP to watch the rockets, then turned off the VPN. However, my feed from laptop to TV was still not the greatest. I was using a wireless feed and I have AT&T Uverse. Anyway I can get a better feed?

Thanks.

9. Granville

Granville Member

Try the thread in the Astros forum.

10. Manos

Manos Member

Maybe check the VPN's location. I was using Astrill and there's a setting that allows you to change the location of the proxy. So I noticed that if I was going through a proxy in England, the feed was much better than Germany, etc. Also you can check the speed of your connection by going to www.speakeasy.net. If it's low then you may want to move to the next tier up. I've noticed quite a difference when streaming from work and streaming from home.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

@dfbarron 12-12-13

Rockets attorney Alan Gover says Rockets will take over as lead negotiator for the network.

Gover wants next status conference to be set for Jan. 7.

Gover says change making change to Rockets as lead negotiator will take place immediately if the court approves,

Looks like next status conference will be at 4 p.m. Jan. 7.

Attorneys also say that the Rockets have made a formal bid to buy network. That bid has not been submitted yet to the court.

12. bmd

bmd Member

I watched that game about 3 times specifically focusing on the defense... and it was pathetic.

The reason they were shooting 70% is because they were getting wide-open shots. You can't give those guys on that team wide open shots, because they will make them.

Parsons and Harden were both pathetic that game on defense.

Parsons let Redick score all over him in the 1st quarter. People think Harden was guarding Redick... but it was actually Parsons. At least in the 1st.

13. espymu

espymu Member

14. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

any updates? this is so *****ing stupid

15. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I have no idea why people are complaining still. If you want to watch the Rockets, just get comcast.

I got comcast new customer Internet + TV package for $39.99 a month. You get CSN Houston and NBA TV too amongst 80 other channels. Good deal

17. thething

thething Contributing Member

Comcast is not available in our area.

18. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Until your bill quadrouples and you try dealing with their customer service.

19. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

Does that come with HD?

20. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Rep
    Lets See How Much You Still Like It When Your Service Gets Disconnected And Your Call Gets Routed the Philippines And They Tell You To Go Exchange Your Equipment At The Nearest Comcast Center Because They Are Too Incompetent To Get Your Service Back Up And Running. Then Going To The Center To Wait Hours To Exchange Your Equipment Only To come Home And See That The Rep At The Service Center Screwed Up The System.And Disconnected Your Other Receivers. You Then Get Back On The Phone With The Philippines And They Tell You Your Box Is Defective And Return It To The Service Center...Round And Round You Go. Then You Get A Bill That's Incorrect And You Call To Get It Corrected Only To Then See That Your Internet Got Disconnected As A Result Of Them Crediting Something On Your Bill. 3 Months Later you Are Still On The Phone With Customer Service, The Philippines Won't Rout You To An American And You Say **** It Like I Did And Canceled. True Experience From A Former Comcast Customer That Switched Goethe Rockets. I Just Switched To Uverse This Week.