1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colts acquire Trent Richardson

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 18, 2013.

1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

The NFL is rigging future super bowls for the golden boy Andrew Luck

2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Luck and T-Rich form a monster duo that will terrorize the league for many, many years.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Because running back is generally a plug-and-play position except for a couple of transcendent talents (Peterson, Tomlinson, etc.). There's a reason it's extremely rare for teams to use first rounders on it.

Richardson has a career YPC of 3.5 (and even lower this year). He has injury concerns. He plays an extremely replaceable position. The Browns should feel very fortunate that they got a first-round pick in the mid teens (probably) for that.

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

So the Browns gave up on the season two games in. Fawking losers!

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I feel like Trent Richardson is pretty severely overrated.

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

As always, good stuff my man!

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Still. You're doing as good job as any to tank this season with what could potentially be the best RB in the league as it is. Why trade that away for ONE first rounder that would be much lower than a top 5 pick?

Idiot Browns are idiots.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Wow, Browns gunning for Manziel. Absolutely love what the Colts management is doing

9. The Cat

WHAT? The guy averaging 3.5 YPC might be the best RB in the league? Adrian Peterson says hello.

Why would Richardson have the same value he did on draft day 2012? His value has gone down since then. His performance has been decidedly mediocre on the field. He also has injury concerns and 300 NFL carries in mileage. This is a depreciating asset.

10. The Cat

No way! He was a top draft pick and great in college, that means he's automatically a stud in the pros! Who cares that he's been a bust thus far, it's only because he's been playing on a bad team!

Signed,
    Most of us after Morey's trade for Thomas Robinson

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

3.5 a pop and is the number one option for offense on his team. He has been god awful on my fantasy squad. I hope this will boost my team. I still do not see the Colts as a threat to us. There lack of defense is alarming and they were severely overrated coming in to the season.

Making the playoffs last year was a fluke as they had several come from behind wins against arguably one of the easiest schedules in the league. I see a fall off this year. Losing to Miami at home. Ouch.

12. basketballholic

Manziel too small to be NFL QB just a couple months ago. Now he's at the top of the hot list??

Sure wished we could trade Schaub.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

sorry knee-jerk reaction. There are plenty of QBs that are projected to go higher than Manziel, namely Tajh Boyd and Teddy Bridgewater

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Are you f'n kidding me?! Well ****...that changes things...

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Potentially doesn't mean might be. Meaning he has potential in the near future to be the best.

And depreciating value? How the hell does your value depreciate after one rookie season!? And if you're so concerned about injury maybe the Vikings should have not even drafted AP as he was a constant injury risk throughout his collegiate career.

The what ifs aren't enough to trade away talent like this. Upgrade your offensive line get a worthwile QB and you're finally back in the mix for the AFC North title.

Pure stupidity on the part of the Cleveland front office.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I still think the colts are an 8-8 team. Trent is 3 yds and a cloud of dust. Nothing special.

17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Nobody that watches football thinks he is potentially the best rb in the league.

18. The Cat

Value can rise or fall extremely quickly. It's just common sense. Do you think it's a mistake for them to give up on Brandon Weeden? Most think they should, but he was in the same draft class/round as Richardson, and he plays a position that historically is much harder to adapt to than running back.

There is nothing in Richardson's NFL history that indicates that he's a "talent like this". Adrian Peterson, the guy you referenced? 5.6 YPC as a rookie. That's a freak talent. Not this guy.

Richardson is the same as Mark Ingram, Eddie Lacy and probably T.J. Yeldon this year -- a product of an incredible Nick Saban offensive line. He'll be a perfectly capable back I'm sure, but he's not a star. And if it's a running back that isn't a star, it's just not worth a first-round pick.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Initially, I couldnt believe the Browns would do that...but after giving it some thought, not a bad move for them. The only crappy thing about this is that the Colts were involved.

Purely from the Browns perspective though, they will have some flexibility moving forward. RB is an easy position to fill, and as mentioned, they could just get Tate next season.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Richardson for First Round value? Gio Bernard was the first RB taken this year, 37th overall. The Colts are not getting decidedly better and lose the chance to add a very good OL in the first.

Browns tank, potentially add Bridgewater/Manziel/Boyd and a good RB.

TheCat is right, a rookie RB after 300 Carries is like putting 50k in miles on a new Porche.

Irsay is like a drunk frat boy playing fantasy reality football.