1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colts acquire Trent Richardson

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 18, 2013.

1. oelman44

oelman44 Member

sorry, forgot link: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

F***...Colts just got a lot better. Great fit for their offense. They essentially drafted Trent Richardson with a mid-20's pick. That's a freaking miracle...

Browns are idiots...

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Maybe, but teams can turn it around quickly in NFL. What if there first round pick this year is a stud, and they decide to trade him as well so he doesn't burn out on a mediocre team? Or, more likely, he just wont be nearly as good as the player Richardson was.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm still not understanding why the Browns would trade away their best player for just 1 pick?? That makes no sense. If they wanted a QB, why wouldn't they just draft him with their OWN first rounder instead of giving away their stud running back?? And also, the first rounder their getting is going to be LOWER than where they TOOK Richardson!

5. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Browns want Johnny Football or one of the top QB's next year.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Can someone please explain to me how a lone first round pick for Richardson is a good deal for Cleveland?? They seriously couldn't have gotten more....and by more, I mean MUCH, MUCH more??

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Why the f@&k are the colts always in the right place at the right time. Collapsed in time for Luck and are gifted a stud running back.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Browns want a QB = Browns trade their star RB?

da fuq Browns

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

To get enough picks to almost guarantee you could trade up to snag one of them - yep.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

indy just pwned Cleveland. sucks for the Texans as the upstart colts are starting to look dangerous. Texans window now resides in the next two years.

I don't understand the reasoning behind it. I understand taking a rb in the first is a huge risk and no one usually does it anymore(except Cleveland with t.rich at 3!). indy traded their early-mid 20s pick for a stud. I feel like they have gotten atleast something else,late rd swp at a minimum.

what Cleveland has to look forward to in 2014 draft.
    top-3 pick
    early-mid 20s pick
    top 3 2nd rd pick(basically a late 1st)
    two 3rd rd picks
    two 4th rd picks

it was already set up to be a nice year in terms of draft possibilities for them but now it just turned into their rebuild plan.

imagine they all turn into studs and all hit FA for extensions at the same time, how do you pay them. I learned on madden along time ago, have a lot of picks in one draft class isn't a good thing, but yet a future liability.

12. Grinds

Grinds Member

This.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>This one is easy call. Brown know they must get QB this year and having 2 1st rounders is a great way to position yourself to do just that</p>&mdash; Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/380466426487648256" data-datetime="2013-09-18T23:00:39+00:00">September 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The Browns can go find another RB via free agency or in the draft. Hell, they could grab Ben Tate in offseason. Could be strong QB class</p>&mdash; Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/380466728460746754" data-datetime="2013-09-18T23:01:51+00:00">September 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

this

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Trent Richardson has a career average of 3.5 yards/carry. The Colts have a bad offensive line. They just lost at home to Miami and barely survived Oakland the week before. And somehow, those factors combine and you have a team that's going to be drafting in the mid 20s? :rolleyes:

Richardson has 298 career carries. A whopping three of them have gone for over 15 yards. He has injury concerns. In general, it's stupid to draft a running back in the first round unless they're a transcendent, Peterson or Tomlinson-type talent. There is nothing in Richardson's body of work that indicates he's likely to be that guy.

The reaction to this sounds exactly like what happened when Thomas Robinson was dealt to the Rockets in February. "OMG, what a steal! He was a top pick, he must be great! He only sucked because the Browns... err, Kings are a joke of a franchise!" Cue Carl Herrera.

If any of the Cleveland regimes are "idiots", it's probably the one that drafted Richardson -- the same group that took Brandon Weeden in the first round that same year.

15. BigMaloe

who are they qbs coming potentially coming out in the draft this year? I don't watch espn anymore so im not spoon fed future prospects like I used to, but I haven't heard of any great prospects.

you got manziel, but he doesn't seem like a top notch pro qb to me, and more like a great college player(in the mold of leinert/bush/tebow).

16. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Wow, isn't this exceedingly rare in the NFL. An in-season trade.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Teddy Bridgewater
    Brett Hundley
    Marcus Mariota
    Johnny Manziel
    A.J. McCarron
    Stephen Morris
    Tajh Boyd
    Logan Thomas
    Derek Carr
    Braxton Miller
    Bryn Renner
    Aaron Murray
    David Fales
    Devin Gardner
    Zach Mettenberger
    Keith Price

Some of those are obviously underclassmen.

18. BigMaloe

outside of McCarron and manziel, I don't recognize any of them. who is supposed to be the franchise cant miss guy?

19. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Bridgewater and Boyd are projected to go in the top 3.

20. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Who has more fantasy value now?

Bobby Rainey, Chris Oogabooga, or Willis McGahee?