1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] Week Six

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Oct 1, 2014.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Holy crap what a call there. Excessive celebration to give fresh downs already at the goal line.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As much as I want Oregon to lose, what a disgustingly awful "penalty" on that celebration. That's just ridiculous...

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

At some point college players have to screw their heads on and knock it off. That was dumb and inexcusable.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Scooby! :grin:

Took that ball out of Mariota's hands.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It was dumb of him to do that. I think if he bowed right after the play, the refs let it go. But the fact that he got the sack, then ran to midfield and did the bow, I think that forced the refs to throw the flag.

That call completely changed the game, though. Instead of 3 points, they got 7 out of it. Sucks when a call can change the game that way, but Arizona deserved the win.

6. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly it's one thing to be amped up after a big stop and celebrate with your teammates as your running off the field and it's another thing by being a jackass and taking a bow at midfield drawing attention to yourself.

7. TheresTheDagger

Didn't Arizona also suffer from this same call against them in the first half?

If so, at least the refs are consistent.

8. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

I think this loss by Oregon is just a sign of things to come this weekend. I could easily see two or three of the top ten teams losing on Saturday. Will be a major shakeup come Sunday when the rankings come out.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I just started watching in the 2nd half so I really couldn't tell you, but if they did then I'm sure I would have found it just as ridiculous.

I get that players need to be smart with stuff like that, but I just don't believe that the entire game, as well as both of those programs' seasons, should be influenced because some kid bowed after a sack. It just seems far too excessive to me.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He didn't just bow. The guy did everything possible to call attention to himself before taking the bow. Stupid is stupid. No excuse for it.

College players have to stop putting refs on the spot like this. It's getting old and stale. Refs didn't just start calling these penalties this year.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Kinda upset that I didn't stay up and watch Oregon lose...

Good for Zona, happy that Rich Rodriguez is proving his mettle

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Should have come out last year Mariota. You could have been playing for us, making millions, instead you've wasted another year...

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

can open. worms everywhere.

Sic 'em!

14. Bob Barker 007

21-7 Mississippi State. Can Texas A&M improve on defense?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope. Sumlin doesn't believe in defense.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Miss State's offense is rolling just like I thought. Didn't expect a Kenny Hill meltdown.

MSU is just too big and physical for A&M's defense to stop without getting TO's. On the other side, MSU's D-line is dominating.

A&M has no chance to come back without Dak Prescott give the ball away.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

One of these days Sumlin is going to have to realize that you can't depend solely on the quarterback to be flawless for 15 games. That's what it takes when you don't play defense or emphasize the run.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The media told me A&M was a playoff team, though?

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Your Tigers are in for a fight next week.

I think Miss State is tailor made to beat Auburn. Again, their chances depend on Dak Prescott not turning the ball over.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wouldn't surprise me at all since it's in Starkville. It'll be a trendy upset pick, no doubt.

I have faith in my squad, though. It should be a good one, for sure.