1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] Week 15

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 4, 2014.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

The Committee should just make it 8 teams tomorrow. lol.

2. jdh008

jdh008 Member

FSU/GT is starting to follow the script. FSU defense is starting to figure out how to stop the option and the FSU offense just keeps plugging away. Looks like we'll have another close FSU win by the end of the night.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No chance TCU drops out after a 55-3 win. Putting them at no.3 basically assured them a spot as long as they won... and they won big

4. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Committee has said that every week is different, so last week's ranking is irrelevant. Allegedly.

5. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I could honestly see it going either way. It's so tough to figure out what the committee is going to do.

I tend to agree with your sentiment and I could absolutely see them making that argument. But I could also see them feeling the pressure of the public sentiment that the head-to-head should be the tiebreaker between TCU and Baylor, leading to them trying to make the argument that a comfortable Baylor win over a top-ten Kansas State team was the trump card for the Bears.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Saying each week is different is NOT the same as saying the prior week's ranking is irrelevant. Far from it.

The prior week's ranking is cumulative of the entire season to date. It matters a lot.

7. Major

Major Member

I think OSU is giving the committee an "easy way out" of this mess. Put them in and the committee avoids having to deal with the TCU/Baylor debate.

8. RocketFan007

They've said every week is a blank slate. Yes, it's cumulative, but if you start with a blank slate, where you had a team ranked last week doesn't matter.

9. RocketFan007

Yep. I'd be willing to bet this is the way it ends up.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think you are right.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You completely misunderstand what they mean.

12. RocketFan007

Not having a championship game is going to haunt the Big XII.

13. Major

Major Member

Agreed - even though Baylor vs KSU is a great game, it doesn't have the feel or the attention of a definitive conference title game. The Big12 (specifically Texas) has been arrogant through the entire conference realignment process over these last few years. They took some crappy TV deals to make more money (no one even knows FS1 exists). They declined to add 2 more teams when teams were available because they wanted to split the money between themselves. It might be coming back to haunt them today.

14. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

famous jameis just wins...again

15. RocketFan007

As a Texas grad, I agree 100%. The extra game played by Bama, FSU and OSU tonight will definitely make a difference in the eyes of the committee.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What I think it should be...

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. FSU
    4. Baylor

What I think it will be...

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. Florida State
    4. Ohio State

17. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I really hope so. Perhaps it's cruel of me, but I'd really like to see all of the bluster on both sides of the debate end up being for naught.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Actually...changing my mind. I think the committee has been showing TCU love all year long, and that won't change. I think the Top 4 stays the same.

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. TCU
    4. Florida State

Either way...I think Baylor is going to get screwed, which is a shame.

19. Major

Major Member

I think Baylor deserves it over TCU, but I do think TCU has a better chance of winning it all than either Baylor or OSU. I don't want Bama or FSU winning it, so the more teams that can beat them the better. And I hope FSU is #3 so Alabama would have to beat both TCU and Oregon to win it all.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Florida state has to be in.