1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] Week 11

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Nov 6, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

TCU over Baylor is a joke not just because Baylor beat TCU but because contrary to popular belief -- TCU DIDN'T PLAY ANYONE GOOD OUT OF CONFERENCE EITHER. SMU? Samford?! Oh, oh, oh... okay... MINNESOTA? They have a good record in a **** conference and are about to rattle off losses to finish conference play.

I guess they want to really make an example out of Baylor but it's not like TCU did anything special either.

I hate Baylor too, man. Sucks I have to defend them.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Let's go TCU! What a season, minus that choke job vs Baylor (credit to their offense).

#82 Uprising, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

You might want to check your stats bra.

TCU beat OU....

And didn't lose to an unranked team (edited: at the time)....but choked horrible vs Baylor.

Regardless, it's been a fun year and nice to see new teams dominating that conference.

#83 Uprising, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

At this point I'm pretty confident that if Baylor takes care of business and wins out, I will be dying watching them play in the CFB playoffs.

No serious...I'll die. It's a Baptist school, but I'm going to need loads of alcohol.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lol that was brain fart and a half. My bad

6. Major

Major Member

TCU is higher because they've played the better conference schedule so far. There are 3 top teams in the conference (Baylor/TCU/KSU) and then OU is right behind them. TCU has played all four while Baylor has only played 3. They have equally good wins (Baylor over TCU; TCU over K-State), but Baylor has the worse loss vs 5th place WVU.

If Baylor beats KSU, they will jump TCU, as they should at that point. But TCU has the better overall resume so far, even ignoring the Minnesota win.

7. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

The big 10 is not a **** conference. That's just silly. They may not be as strong as the Big 12 and SEC but that doesn't mean they are bad. Minnesota is tied for the lead in their division. TCU's out of conference record potentially includes a team playing for the title in a big 5 conference.

Beating Kansas St didn't vault TCU over Baylor. I don't know why Baylor playing Kansas St would vault Baylor over TCU.

8. Buck Turgidson

As long as you don't try and start no dancin'.

I'm stoked for either school to get in the playoffs, I just want a TX representative to root for.

9. Major

Major Member

Well, of course not, since TCU was already ahead of Baylor. :confused:
    If Baylor beats KSU, they'd have the same conference record against the same quality of opponents, but Baylor would have a head to head win against TCU. The issue with Baylor right now is their schedule has been relatively weak. Playing OU helped and closed the gap with TCU, and playing KSU will finish that process.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Since Michigan State was crushed yesterday, it should happen.

11. Major

Major Member

Sagarin ratings have the Big10 as the worst of the big 5 conferences (yes, worse than the ACC). Minnesota is ranked #43 overall, having played only 1 top-30 team (TCU) and losing that one. Comparatively, Texas is ranked #39, having played five top-30 teams (going 1-4). Minnesota will play 3 ranked teams to close the season - if they win some of those, that will definitely help TCU's resume. But assuming they lose all 3, the Minnesota win is likely to be a non-factor when compared to both a conference title and a head-to-head win favoring Baylor.

12. Buck Turgidson

Any of these matchups would be fun as hell: MissSt, Bama, Oregon, FSU, TCU, Baylor.

What has to happen for Arizona St or Ohio St to sneak in? I guess that's still possible?

13. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

That's what I'm saying. Beating Kansas St isn't what put TCU in front of Baylor. So then Baylor beating Kansas St should give Baylor as much cred as TCU received in voters' minds when they beat Kansas St. Sounds convoluted.

There is a huge gap between Minnesota and the trash that Baylor played. They better hope Minnesota loses the rest of their games. The committee has made it very clear that they heavily penalize teams with weak OOC games so I would not be surprised if they keep TCU over Baylor if TCU has a win against a top 2 team in the big 10. Lot of football left though.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If FSU loses, Ohio State could get in. If Arizona State runs the table and beats Oregon in the Pac 12 title game, they could make the playoff.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Baylor has osu @ home
    tech on road
    kstate @ home.

I think that tech game maybe a trap game. They are 1-5 in conference but they almost beat WVU couple games ago. I don't recall any game in Lubbock every being too easy.

16. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

at Jerry World, not on the road.

17. sammy

Who gives a crap about Minnesota? Baylor would dominate them.

TCU's OOC schedule is still below average strength of schedule wise.

18. sammy

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ons-2014-college-football-playoff-predictions

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Nice call. Had to rep you for that one.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Still butthurt over the Auburn loss. Can't even lie. That was an embarrassment.