1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football]Texas A&M @ University of Texas - Austin

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by percicles, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

As an Aggie, I have to say that this game was not to the point where we have too much room to talk smack. Don't get me wrong. A win is a win. We won and UT lost. That being said, this game could have easily gone the other way. 12-7 isn't exactly a butt-whooping.

But hey, I'll take 12-7 anyday :)

2. AggieRocketFan96

Calm down? It will be another week before I calm down over this victory. I'm not ashamed to celebrate the Aggies' win over the horns. Just like you wouldn't have if the horns had won this game. No, I was never "scared" of a comeback, McCoy was pretty much done in this game well before the interception. If Snead was put in earlier though, that might have been a different story.

This game didn't need to be a blowout in points. But it was certaintly a dominant smash-mouth, clock-eating, slow death that the Aggies put on your horns in a hostile environment. I'm hoping that with this win it will be a start of an upward trend for the A&M program and that a passing of the torch has been completed from the horns to the Ags.

3. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Heh... you win 1 against UT and you're thinking the torch has passed to the ags? I'm glad to see A&M competitive again, but I think A&M still has a lot more question marks in their program than UT.

I know what a win over UT means, but I wonder how many ags would not have minded a loss so Franchione would be gone? Some folks were stunned... http://www.firedennisfranchione.com/

4. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Good luck with that one. I hate to rain on your parade, but the Aggies still had 3 conference losses this year.

The Longhorns haven't ever had more than 2 conference losses under Mack Brown. In fact, the only season since the inception of the Big 12 where we've had more than 2 conference losses is 1997, Mackovic's last year.

So I wouldn't quite reach for that torch yet. But I do think Tech might be willing to toss you a few tortillas as the new reigning Big 12 third tier bowl representative.

#324 bejezuz, Nov 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  5. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

of course i was, we always lose with less than 30 secs to go and by one. I was simply pointing out to the poster that we did run the ball like he said we would not.

6. AggieRocketFan96

...the only downside to the Aggies winning the game is fran being back next year. I can't stand him.