1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College football teams you are going to pay attention to

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by UtilityPlayer, Jul 20, 2013.

1. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

this year ?

Texas A&M
    Oregon
    Clemson
    UGA
    Wisconsin
    South Carolina
    Va Tech

2. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

(1) Miami. Duke Johnson is a stud, and Stephen Morris is a potential Heisman candidate.

(2) Houston. Will be interesting to see how they compete in the Big East, or whatever they are calling it now.

(3) A&M.

(4) Duke. Hope to see them build on a 6-6 year (although top 2 players graduated).

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

SEC
    Texas

If there are other teams worth following during the season, i'll add to the list.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Arkansas and the entire SEC.

Arkansas has a stretch where they play A&M, Florida, South Carolina and Alabama all in consecutive weeks. Yikes!!!

5. Buck Turgidson

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

oakland raiders

7. droopy421

droopy421 Member

University of Houston

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Stanford. Louisville. South Carolina. Florida. tOSU.

9. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

The University of Georgia
    The University of Texas at Austin

both schools I attended at some point get my attention, **** the rest

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Basically the big 12 and Top SEC squads.

11. jdh008

jdh008 Member

There are so many. I'm really looking forward to this season.

Texas A&M- I'm curious to see if Manziel can come anywhere close to replicating his 2012 season. I'm also anxious to see if, as a team, they can live up to all the hype surrounding them for this season. I mean, Andy Staples of SI has them as his #2 team post-spring football. In a related note, that A&M/Bama game in College Station is going to be, in a word, ridiculous.

Ohio State- Few figured the Buckeyes would be able to go 12-0 last season what with the sanctions surrounding the team and it being Meyer's first season at the helm. If they were able to accomplish all that last season, I shudder to think what they could do this season. Braxton Miller is the perfect Urban Meyer quarterback and if he can put it together this season, they could be special.

Louisville Cardinals- I love Teddy Bridgewater. I really love that Charlie Strong has decided to stick it out at Louisville and build that program rather than jump to another. I also think it's really cool that Louisville has stepped up and paid him like the elite coach he is. I'm looking forward to seeing just how good they are, but it's going to be tough to tell given that their schedule is pretty weak overall. They have a game early on against what most expect will be an improved Kentucky squad, but other than that, the most difficult games on their slate are likely against teams like USF, UCF, Rutgers and Cincinnati.

Florida State- Almost strictly because I want to see just how good Jameis Winston is. Maybe he can be the electrifying signal caller that we were promised E.J. Manuel was going to be but that E.J. Manuel never became. Also, if he has a breakout year, I'm curious to see if he is forced into making a decision between baseball and football. The last time we saw something like this was with Russell Wilson at NC State, but both FSU football and baseball are proud enough programs that I can foresee a power struggle between the two for his services, especially when it comes down to spring football vs. ACC conference games in baseball.

Sam Houston State Bearkats- I couldn't go without mentioning the ol' alma mater. There is a ton of talent returning to Huntsville for this season, but as I mentioned in the SHSU football-specific thread, I'll be interested to see how many young players emerge as playmakers and possible cornerstones for the future. That happening this season or not could be the key between SHSU being a solid program that has potential to reach the heights they have the last few seasons or SHSU remaining a national power at the FCS level.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would like watch and follow a&m losing.

13. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Alabama.

as for other teams?

Whoever is in the SEC Championship game. Those are the only two or three teams that matter.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Sun Belt Fever. Catch it...we swear it's not the clap.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Baylor
    Texas
    Big XII generally
    SEC generally
    Louisville

Have a friend going to Vegas in September, and I'm gonna have him put down some cash on Louisville to either get to the title game or to win it all

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

UTSA?

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

TUFKASWT.

Texas State.

18. SK34

SK34 Member

UH. A&M. SEC. And every game that comes on Saturday night.

19. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Georgia vs Clemson game to start the season is going to be awesome. It has 2 Heisman contenders with Murray and Boyd. It has two prolific offenses.

20. MexAmercnMoose

The University of Houston
    Oregon...i like their unis and their offense