1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College football B12 and SEC - who ya got?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DaDakota, Dec 6, 2008.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think Florida wins over Alabama and OU crushes Mizzou.

UF 36
    Bama 21

OU 63
    Mizz 28

DD

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ditto. If UF gets a lead, it might get ugly. If John Parker Wilson is forced to throw the ball, uh oh.

3. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Florida 28-24 & OU 42-28

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I think it'll be a lot closer than people are thinking. Saban is undefeated and a hell of a coach. I'll be rooting for Bama.. undefeated and underdogs.

5. Major

Major Member

UF 48
    Ala 14

OU 49
    Mizz 35

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think you are right because Alabama's defense will bring it's "A" game. But if UF gets a bit of a lead, John Parker Wilson's poise and accuracy will be severely tested.

7. junglerules

junglerules Member

Harvin probably being out could be a factor as well. I still think Florida and OU win, but I'm starting to wonder if we are all overlooking Bama a little too much. I think I have for sure.

8. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Gators 42
    Gator Bait 17

I don't mean to underestimate Bama, and I'm rarely confident about most teams (any sport) I root for. But I have to say this is the most impressive team I've followed in a loooooong time.

The first half is crucial. Florida has typically led by 21 or 28 in the first half (or quarter). I think our success at running will decide if this is close or not, we can't be one dimensional. If we jump out early it's curtains. I will be very interested to see how our team responds if it's still close in the middle of the 3rd, a rare scenario.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

What kind of screwed up system produces a #1 team that is a 10 point dog to the #4 team?

Shouldn't at least the human voters decide who they think would win in a head up game (played on a neutral field) to order their top 10?

Of course Boise would have never played OK is that were the way it was done.

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Plus, Tebow's really sorry. He's gonna try so hard. Harder than we've ever seen him play. Probably harder than the entire Alabama team. :D

11. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

Although they are undefeated, they have only played one ranked team (16 georgia) and they have had quite a few close games.

Florida FTW today

12. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Alabama and Missouri both win in a day full of upsets.

Alabama in OT & Missouri scoring the go-ahead TD late in the game set up by a big Maclin kick-off return.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Alabama will win. Florida isn't ready for an ugly game. Saban is the best coach in the business.

If Florida does win, I would like to see a rematch in the title game. Unless OU loses, then Ill take UT/FLA happily.

I am sick of OU. "They scored 60+pts in each game". Umm, thats because Stoops tries.

-4th quarter up by 4TDs, 3min left, 3rd and 2 on your 40, Mack Brown runs the ball.

-4th quarter up by 4TDs, 3min left, 3rd and 2 on your 40, Bob Stoops goes play action.

Its like people don't watch the damn games or something.

14. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Florida's D and O-line are on Alabama's level. They'd be ready for a nasty game, but they won't have to worry about it since they will be running up and down Atlanta's fast track. I think UF's D puts the clamps down and finally gets some respect after this game.

15. Major

Major Member

It really is. Taking out the Okie Light game (which was competitive and OU had to be scoring), OU scored a grand total of 10 points in the 4th quarters of their previous 4 games (the 60 pt games run), and none in the final 12 minutes of those games. Bradford's barely played in the 4th quarters. In two of the games, their halftime margin was larger than the final margin. OU's offense could easily have put up 70-80 pts in basically any of those games. Their halftime pts were 55, 49, 38, and 42. They weren't running up scores. Anyone who watched the games would have seen that. ;)

16. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I used to think Florida would wreck Bama but I have a feeling Bama will pull off and upset by controlling the clock, forcing turnovers and great specials team play. Parker will still throw 2 picks though.

Alabama 31- Florida 24

I hope Mizzou can pull off an upset but I doubt it will happen... OU wins

Still have hope for UT :)

17. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Florida wins by 3. Texas sneaks into the NC game vs OU- computer advantage (Florida played no one yet, and lost to ole' miss at home).

BIG 12 REMATCH!

Texas 2008 National Champions.

please? (if Florida or Mizzou wins, and USC gets to go, i'm going to....)

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

GO HOKIES!

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Florida and OU.

Both games will be blowouts.

20. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I've been going back and forth with Bama and UF.

But I'm going Bama

28-24 bama

OU 42
    Mizzzou 17

Go Sooners!!!!!