1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] #1 America's Team vs #7 Boone Pickens Toy Train Set

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by percicles, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

Bigger than the Orange. Really?

2. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

jasonemilio-

I have a question. I'm trying to learn the OSU fight song for work, but there are a bunch of songs listed on the fight song page http://fightmusic.com/big12.html

Which song is most recognized as the fight song for the Cowboys?

Also, are there any unofficial songs that you guys identify with. I remember a few years ago when I was working in San Antonio Ok. St. fans liked the Toby Keith song "I should have been a cowboy..."

Are you coming in town for the game?

3. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

I am a Longhorn, but calling them America's team is almost as annoying as calling Dallas Cowboys America's team. Like everyone is supposed to like that team.

Go ahead and boast about the team, call them #1, or say they will win by 100 points. Just don't expect that everyone has to like that team, and don't call them "America's Team".

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Less than 12 hrs before the Pokes get poked.

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

They do the last 4 weeks.

6. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Here's to a good game, even if you snotty UT fans here continue to call me and my team names.

Cheers!

7. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Again, if you consistently troll other threads to pump up your team, don't whine like a baby when people call you out.

8. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

good luck.

hook em!

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Ohio State cheerleaders FTL.

10. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Maury Parkman?????

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's 7-7 right now. I think KU will beat Tech by more than 10 points. Hope I'm wrong.

12. RedRaiderRocket

Good start for Tech, defense just needs to make a stop every now and then. If so we should be alright. Its nice having a running back that can do stuff Batch has been awesome this year.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tech's defense is like tissue paper. Reesing is going to have an awesome day. Both teams probably score over 40.

14. RedRaiderRocket

Reesing picked apart our defense again. Need to get more pressure on him.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Texas 52 OKSU 27

DD

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What I'm waiting on is for KU to get the lead. Reesing is the kind of QB who will stay hot for all 60 minutes.

Then again, KU's defense has to make a stop. Tall order.

17. RedRaiderRocket

Our offense is pretty lights out, good stop for our defense right there. Harrell needs to keep picking their defense apart. Our screen pass has been awesome so far.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ut 34 okst 17

19. RedRaiderRocket

Crabtree really seems to be favoring his ankle, not nearly as explosive as he was last season.

20. junglerules

junglerules Member

Tech seems to be getting just enough stops to win this game if they don't turn the ball over. Their offense is clicking, and KU can't stop anything. If one team even starts getting held to field goals, they'll be done.

As far as Texas goes, I hope it's a blowout for the Horns. It's nothing personal, jason. I'd just prefer to not have to stress over a close game. But, with all that said, I'll take a win of any kind if we can get it.

My prediction? Texas 42, Oklahoma State 24. If Texas comes out as focused as they've been against everyone, I think they'll win by a decent margin. I'll be most interested to see if Oklahoma State can run the ball effectively, and what does Texas do to slow Dez Bryant? He's awesome, but I'm hoping we don't try to let him go one on one that often vs. Chykie or Palmer.