1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Basketball Sucks

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by v3.0, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

:)

It's just a different level of play, but no less meaningful for the players or entertaining to me.

Plus I have grown up with the history and excitement of college basketball being a major part of my life. It's supposed to be flawed in its beauty.

On something else you mentioned, I would actually like to see more FIBA stuff on tv here in the states, but I guess that isn't likely to happen. Especially if the NBA expands across the ocean.

2. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

If you have go to university/ or have a fascination with a certain university (like I do with OSU), then watching college sports can become a fanatic thing. There is no other feeling like rooting for your school along with your fellow colleagues, believe me. Either you never went to college or you didn't participate in a lot social activities, or you just don't have a lot pride in your school.

You can ask any true sports fan or analyst, and most of them will agree that there is nothing like inter-collegiate sports, especially in basketball and football. Just because 90% of the players won't make it to the pros doesnt' mean the games can't be competitive or fun. College basketball truly defines teamwork-thats why you don't see a star player go for 30, 40 points as often as in the NBA, even though that player could, and can, dominate and just shoot 25+ shots every game.

And what do you mean there's not stars in the college game? Just where do you think 95% of the players in the NBA came from? They don't just pop out of nowhere. There are plenty of exciting and extremely talented prospects playing, such as Beasley, Rose, Jerryd Bayless, etc. Hell, there's two Tom Chambers waiting to get drafted this year-Chase Budinger and Joe Alexander of West Virginia. These two are enough to catch my attention, just because there are so few athletic and skilled white players in the game today, and these two looks like the real deal.

But I digress, this is your opinion in the end, so I won't try to expound upon this too much

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Like I said, one person's trash is another person's treasure.

I never said there weren't stars in the NCAA, but then again I wouldn't call them stars just yet. Yeah, there are a handful of hyped college players that will prolly make it to the NBA. Until then, I'll just catch their highlights on ESPN or Youtube if my curiosity needs to be scratched. I really don't feel the urge to catch Beasley's games or Mayo's team just to see if they are the real deal. If/when they make it the NBA then I'll consider them worthy of water cooler talk.

You follow it, I think it's inferior, it is what it is.

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

WTF???!!!

I mean seriously...WTF?

You start an entire thread for the express purpose of taking a dump on college bball. You actually go into the college bball forum to take a dump on college bball.

And when you predictably get flamed for it, all you can reply with is "they suck," followed by a weak jab at a fellow poster's mom?

Maybe the next time you want to tell everybody that something sucks...try not going to the forum that discusses that thing. If you do so...you will likely get flamed for it.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

^^^ Dude, let's not get worked up about it, I thought it was a cute reply to his snide remark.

BTW, my thread starts off saying college bball sucks THEN I explained my stance in greater detail. I didn't just say it sucks and then pulled an Almu.

And I really don't think I could open a thread about college bball in the D&D, now could I.

I thought everything here has been pretty civil except for that cute little exchange.

6. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Well-thats the thing. Just because you don't like it, and everyone certainly has their own opinion, doesn't mean you can qualify college basketball as "sucks."

7. Buck Turgidson

Your first mistake was thinking that everyone who visits this part of the forum needed to know your opinion.

And again, this whole march madness thing has been happening for awhile. This still upsets you? Think about that. Here's some topics for the next time you need to tilt at windmills:

"The wetness of water and why I don't like it"

"Circles: Do they have to be so damn round?"

"The sun sets in the west. This pisses me off."

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I'm going to start a thread in the D & D about this... its so fricking annoying that they never have an edge!!

9. Refman

Priceless.

Also...

"Why does fire have to be so damned hot?"

"How dare my grass be so green."

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

"Buck's mom: Why can't I quit her." sorry dude I couldn't resist:D

Well, I think everybody is in agreement that my take is just an opinion and we got a good dialogue from it, so where's the crime. Lighten up peeps. :)

11. Refman

At least we can all agree on the Rockets. :cool: