1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Actually he doesn't assume, he brings up actual examples of how poorly they are investigated.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Actually he does assume. He brings up anecdotes and assumes that to be the standard.....and people who want to believe that narrative go right along with it and plan their next riot.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Since you've never linked to any study that contradicts John Oliver, I am going to ignore everything you posted.

ubigred likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not surprising, I'd bet you ignore quite a bit and that's how you end up being so incredibly ignorant about nearly every topic. Perhaps you should listen more often to your betters and learn something every now and again.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty sure that you are assuming that all cops are innocent. Since you have nothing to contradict his 'assumptions' not sure why I'd believe you. Especially with what I posted just before about cops that went around searching for black people to bother.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course that's what you want to believe, it goes along with your narrative, have fun with your next riot.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Like I said, you've presented nothing to contradict what was said and flatly ignored the points he's made. So why bother having a conversation with you about it? Your only point is "All cops are innocent. The law is never wrong." that's your argument. Fine. My counter argument is, no it isn't.

Where do we go from here? Do you have anything to present why I'm wrong? Are you going to address points made in the video? Are you going to acknowledge the two cops that went around looking to make black people criminals for the hell of it?

ubigred likes this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Listening to idiotic people blabbering about with zero supporting evidence is not something that is recommended. I'm sure you did a lot of that growing up, which is why you are how you are.

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Not to dogpile further but when the head of the FBI says they have no zero statistics about law enforcement shootings you think that's just opinion? Or when a cop can expunge their own police record of anything incriminating for a future job, you think that's just baseless opinion?

I remember when the scandal surrounding the Catholic church surfaced. They'd move a sex offender priest to another parish across the country or the globe without notifying law enforcement. They policed their own without holding any real records over these offenders. Instead of putting them through the court of law they got to continue with molesting and sexual assault on other victims as a new priest with a clean slate which damaged lives further.

When the police force keep track of their own, and investigate their own, the same stuff happens. You get bad cops that can just apply to another local precinct with no prior record of being ill-fit for the badge and the responsibilities that come with it. An employee that works at Walmart and gets fired for unjustifiably yelling at a customer or their boss doesn't get to voluntarily omit that from their job history at the next place of the employment they apply for. It's stuck on their record. It makes zero sense for a cop to be able to delete their own work history when they have personal access to narcotics, going inside someone's home, and has access to apply physical if not lethal force on someone else. Even in perfectly justifiable shooting cases where the cop is doing no wrong, I'd like to know details about it. But cops can just erase history whereas other places of employment can't. Doesn't seem right or fair IMO. I mean the fact that the head of the FBI can provide zero statistics on law enforcement shootings at all is troubling and the fact that law enforcement are able to cover up those statistics is really scary.

ubigred, mdrowe00 and Invisible Fan like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I see we have an excellent group of rioters who buy into the propaganda. Stay safe while out trying to get a new TV or while raiding those liquor stores.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Bobby just responds by calling you a rioter, pretty sure he read nothing in your post or just ignored most of it. Bobby says cops don't hunt down black people and I just gave him a case of two officers doing just that. Bobby, the supposed guy that fights against racism says nothing about the story. Just goes on about how we are all rioters!

Of course though you bring up good points. This also doesn't even cover that the cops that DO report police misconduct are considered 'snitches' and are run out of the force. Like we didn't even talk about that in this thread yet and I'm amazed that anyone would stand up and fight for it. There is another interview with a Baltimore officer that quit because of the whole 'snitch' thing. So we have a system that lets officers get away with misconduct and punishes those that do try to report said misconduct. Some people are alright with this I guess, I guess they think it will never affect them or they are truly naive and think that LEO are really angels sent down from heaven who do no wrong.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think Bobby has fallen victim to the Dunning-kruger effect. He thinks he knows deep nuanced knowledge of a broad range of topics probably because he assumes he does without taking the time and effort to actually make a educated effort into actual research and now he just labels anyone with a disagreement with him as lesser people. You can tell he has a overly inflated self worth of his importance when he makes arguments about how abortion is good because it lessens the unproductive population. He tosses out empathy in his posts because he honestly believes that empathy is for less intelligent beings even though ironically he still is offended by things that actual intelligent individuals aren't offended by such as not abiding to patriotic symbolic gestures.

He tries really hard to propagate an air of advanced intellect and is obviously failing hard.

#872 fchowd0311, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    ubigred and TheRealist137 like this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, he's found a second friend. Good for him. If you're going to make an ass of yourself, it's always best to drag others into it so you don't have to take all of the heat yourself.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

with these declining ratings, NFL owners are going to start complaining about this (even if it's not the main reason)

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Bobby the 'intellectual' is so butt hurt over symbolic gestures.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Colin Kap needs to listen to some Sam Harris. He truly is misinformed.

18. body slam

body slam Member

as long as Kaepernick is playing the other team should play the National Anthem on every SF 3rd down?

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

44 pages wow. My greatest thread ever!!!!!

I'd like to thank Bobby for keeping this discussion going strong.

Let's hope we can reach 50!!!!

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Really should have been a page or a page and a half. One post to say what was going on, then a post or two calling Kap a disrespectful b*stard, then a few posts agreeing with that and then that would be that. Unfortunately we have some mouth breathers that bought into his nonsense so it dragged it out to 44 pages.