1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh no, I understand what freedom of speech means. It means he cannot be persecuted by the government for what he says. What blowhards like Ditka are suggesting is that his dissent doesn't even deserve to have a place in America and he should leave the country if he doesn't like it. It's too bad for them that the right to publicly protest is enshrined in our laws and constitution.

IronTexan93 and Scolandry like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Anyway, what young Colin is doing now is nothing new

When it's convenient he'll put on his "black face" and go from

[​IMG]

To

[​IMG]

So long as that's what he needs to do for his publicity stunt to work. That said, I liked it better when it was

[​IMG]

Or when it was

[​IMG]

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So, to be clear, if we don't know his origins for a fact and you propose that he could be OBL's kid...then you are not inventing a fantasy origin story? The English language is really hard so I have trouble sometimes understanding words and meanings and - yikes! - even meanings of words. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out, though. Too bad there are not [teaching][/teaching] codes to help me pay extra good attention when I need to.

4. rimbaud

Supporting Member

Aaaaarrrrgh

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

To be clear, I'm saying that we don't know, I just used that as an extreme example as a form of exaggeration for effect that would have been obvious to any intelligent reader. Apparently that made you really confused.

6. dmoneybangbang

By how much time you spend in the D&D focusing on race related issues...

7. rimbaud

Supporting Member

Well, yeah, because when I wrote that "regardless of made up origin stories..." you "laughed" and replied that what you wrote was true. Very, very confusing. I am too slow for conversations on the Internet!

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When I said that his background is unknown, even to him, that's true. I know you got confused by the OBL comment, I didn't realize I was talking to someone like you, I'll make my comments as easy to understand as possible in the future when dealing with you. Anyway, it's okay, not everyone has the reading comprehension skills needed for adult conversations on the internet.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Most recent post commenting on whether Kap was really black (similar to another poster's posts about whether Obama is black). Past comments about whether black kids deserved getting killed. In fact, it seems to be a running theme of yours... criticizing black people. Heck, people include quotes from you in their sig files. And considering you have posted almost 30,000 times since 2013, there is lots of content to pull from.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The difference of course being that we know who Obama's father is, we don't know who Colin's father is.....neither does he. So yeah, in no way bigoted statement.

Comments about people attacking people and getting shot "deserving" to be shot.....yeah, not bigoted in any way.

Looks like you've got nothing.

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The same as him saying he has no interest in watching the debates tomorrow. Although he spends 100 hours a month posting about a 1,000 posts in D&D. "I don't care too much about what I say as long as I say A LOT of it."

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a part of me that wants Trump to win and sit back and enjoy the disaster that would be.

But then I realize I actually care about the country.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Basically how I feel all the time.

Unfortunately Hillary is a terrible candidate as well, but I think her 4 years are lower risk.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I felt that way about Obama when I saw who the Republicans chose to run against him. Since they didn't take it seriously, part of me wanted him to win so that I could sit back and enjoy the disaster that it would be.

Now 8 years later, it might as well be the 60's with all of the racial tension and nonsense that is going on and we're having all sorts of problems with terrorism due to the rise of ISIS.

I mean, it kind of sucks for the country, but honestly, they deserve it given how they voted.

I feel that way this time around. I don't care if you vote for Hillary or you vote for Trump, you are voting for a disaster of a president and the country will deserve the fallout for their decision no matter which national disgrace they make the next president.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

Bobby that's President Obama's father and i don't think it was a bigoted statement harass yes bigoted no.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Just to be helpful, the definition of the word "bigot"

Sound like anyone that posts here?

18. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Actually it sounds like EVERYONE that posts here... in the D&D anyway.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much, yeah.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member